windows 7

88lx5oh

Wait did Timmy just say a USB drive is faster then RAM? I think someone needs to go back to school.

NO i didnt say that...Im just saying that when a program needs to access data from the disk, it first checks the disk cache to see if the data is there. Readyboost caches the info and accessing a byte of data in RAM can be thousands of times faster than accessing a byte on a hard disk.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to look into this too, I have 2 vista machines, 1 xp, and 1 linux...and the vista ones cant do shit, even with eachother. They'll ping and see the workgroup, but absolutely no access

Welcome to the "Vista can't do advanced file sharing to save his life" club.

I have the same problem. It sees the workgroup and computer. You double click the computer and you get a password prompt. You input u/p and it won't take it. So you get pissed and make a new account on both machine, and you login with the username to make sure it loads windows. It does fine. You try to view the computer, enter in the same username and password and it fails every time.

I have the same problem. It sees the workgroup and computer. You double click the computer and you get a password prompt. You input u/p and it won't take it. So you get pissed and make a new account on both machine, and you login with the username to make sure it loads windows. It does fine. You try to view the computer, enter in the same username and password and it fails every time.

check your advanced firewall settings incoming and outgoing. i had the same problems when i first built my server and I couldnt get them to do anything either. you can also check if this is a firewall setting by turning off your firewall and trying to share. if you can then you have a setting in firewall that needs set.

check your advanced firewall settings incoming and outgoing. i had the same problems when i first built my server and I couldnt get them to do anything either. you can also check if this is a firewall setting by turning off your firewall and trying to share. if you can then you have a setting in firewall that needs set.

I turned off the windows firewall right after installing vista. That is not the problem.

It doesn't matter anymore I have xp pro installed.

Faleurine

I have a network of 4 computers, consisting of 2 64-bit Vista machines, a 32-bit Vista machine and an XP desktop. I have every single one sharing flawlessly, including files, printers, 2 computers on wireless internet and 2 wired through the router. It's stupid-simple. I have never had one problem with any of the setup processes for anything Vista or XP-related.

Vista has been good to me but I'm really looking forward to 7, still. I'm gonna install it soon.

Faleurine

I have a network of 4 computers, consisting of 2 64-bit Vista machines, a 32-bit Vista machine and an XP desktop. I have every single one sharing flawlessly, including files, printers, 2 computers on wireless internet and 2 wired through the router. It's stupid-simple. I have never had one problem with any of the setup processes for anything Vista or XP-related.

Vista has been good to me but I'm really looking forward to 7, still. I'm gonna install it soon.

No clue. I spend 5 hours trying to fix it. After that I gave my computer the finger and installed xp pro. A few clicks later everything worked.

No, it does not expire and fully activates through MS.

It is on the newsgroups I can post the nzb if you guys want.

Post please!

One thing about this OS lets me down already. Why, WHy, WHY do a 32 AND 64 bit release? 32 bit needs to go away! Are there ANY non 64 bit compatible CPUs on the market anymore?

No, it does not expire and fully activates through MS.

It is on the newsgroups I can post the nzb if you guys want.

Post it please.

I just installed 7 64-bit. Working fine so far. Had two issues - it didn't like the network card I was using, so I hooked up to my other card (my motherboard has two cards w/ 2 seperate chipsets). There was a Windows Update for it, so that's just a minor beta problem.

Since I am doing a dual boot, it would recognize my other drive. I had to actually go into the services menu and assign my other drive a letter, then I could access it.

Otherwise, so far so good in the few minutes I've used it (I'm using it right now. :) ).

Boots super quick, but that might be because this is the first time I've installed an OS on my 4 drive RAID 0 array, so I'm sure Vista would boot quicker on this drive as well.

Before I install Ultramon on Windows 7, can anyone tell me if 7 will allow different backgrounds on multiple monitors. No other version of Windows has, so I assume 7 won't either, and haven't found anywhere that I can do that.

Post it please.

I just installed 7 64-bit. Working fine so far. Had two issues - it didn't like the network card I was using, so I hooked up to my other card (my motherboard has two cards w/ 2 seperate chipsets). There was a Windows Update for it, so that's just a minor beta problem.

Since I am doing a dual boot, it would recognize my other drive. I had to actually go into the services menu and assign my other drive a letter, then I could access it.

Otherwise, so far so good in the few minutes I've used it (I'm using it right now. :) ).

Boots super quick, but that might be because this is the first time I've installed an OS on my 4 drive RAID 0 array, so I'm sure Vista would boot quicker on this drive as well.

Before I install Ultramon on Windows 7, can anyone tell me if 7 will allow different backgrounds on multiple monitors. No other version of Windows has, so I assume 7 won't either, and haven't found anywhere that I can do that.

LOL buy a mac it does it.

Or just make 1 image a make it span all the monitors. If your resolution is 1024x768 then put two images together 2048x768. Then tile it, and you will have a different image on each monitor.

LOL buy a mac it does it.

Or just make 1 image a make it span all the monitors. If your resolution is 1024x768 then put two images together 2048x768. Then tile it, and you will have a different image on each monitor.

I will not waste my money on a Mac. Period. Your girly, shiny white crap does nothing for me. I like bang for the buck, and Macs are the exact opposite of that.

It's kind of hard to do a stretched image with 3 monitors across, and one above the center monitor. So I just use Ultramon...it takes care of it, and does a good job. I'd just like to see Windows do it for me.

W7 NZB

Right-Click Save As

Make sure you re-name/save it as a nzb as browsers will natively open it as an xml file.

If you don't know what to do with an NZB please press ALT + F4 now.

Your link isn't workin yo! I get errors in both IE and Firefox.

Your link isn't workin yo! I get errors in both IE and Firefox.

Dreamhost must be on the fritz, I can't login either. :(

i can download and quickpar says it needs no repairs, but i get errors when trying to extract it. any ideas chief

Not sure, honestly. That is the same set I D/L and it worked perfectely. :(

It's kind of hard to do a stretched image with 3 monitors across, and one above the center monitor. So I just use Ultramon...it takes care of it, and does a good job. I'd just like to see Windows do it for me.

It's hard? Lol

You use photoshop to make one image out of three and tile it across the screens. No "stretching". Takes 5 min to make the image.