FINALLY....

HotCarl

75$ for the class, 35$ at the range, 55$ application fee....

being able to legally carry = Priceless.

I was surprised Franklin county had such a quick turn around. I droped off my app Tue and my card was ready yesterday. Badass. I thought about carrying to work or at the very least leaving it locked in my glove box but I think im gonna spend some more time at the range before that. I dont work in the nicest part of town.

Rumor is that Franklin County only runs a local background check. The girl at the Delaware County sheriff's office told me it literally takes longer to get the full background check run than what Franklin is issuing licenses in.

Took me 4 days... but we're "good ole boys" rofl

Yeah yeah. She said it was cause of the addresses I added to app. One was in a diff state and a couple diff counties. My Dayton county she said the Sheriff was against ccw, so he took his time signing.

Yeah yeah. She said it was cause of the addresses I added to app. One was in a diff state and a couple diff counties. My Dayton county she said the Sheriff was against ccw, so he took his time signing.

See I heard a similar story about Karnes when first implementing ccw he took his time and was rather 'leisurely' giving out the license's until enough people complained and made him do it right.

My brother was worried about some BS out of state warrants from NY (for fucking parking tickets of all things). He was so worried he made me go with him to pick his up in case there was a deputy waiting for him with some new jewelry ;)

Where'd you go to class?

Jason Weaver. Kind of a 'friend of a friend' type of deal. Jason co-owns a private security company and has been in some sort of law enforcement for years. He just recently joined the army (again) so the class i got into was his last. His name did pop up with the AG's office so it was totally legit. Small class too which was nice.

I must do this.

You totally should. My brother and I did the whole process together mostly because we were worried with democrats in control of the senate and congress as well as anti-gun Obama in the white house that this particular right would be taken away sooner than later. The theory is that should the CCW license be prohibited federally whomever always has their's will be 'grandfathered' in and be able to keep their license.

Maybe someone else is a bit more knowledgable on this but I figured I was going to get it eventually so might as well make it now while Matt was doing his.