First Car Love?

Main3s

I don't know if it's been asked before, but what was the car that started it all for you, the one you first fell in love with? I realized after bitching about my car in another thread that my Grand Prix really holds a certain sentimental value to me. Unlike most car guys I didn’t grow up turning wrenches on my dad’s car with him at 12 years old or visiting the track. I always liked cars but didn’t really know much about them. I bought the Grand Prix and it was pretty peppy. The next thing I know I was busting my knuckles trying my hardest and taking my time to properly install a CAI. Now I was all over the internet trying to find out more info on my car. I met people who were able to help guide and teach me and it wasn’t before long that I was spending all my time in my drive way under my hood. I got it running 12’s was driving it to work washing it every Sunday. I was in love with my car. So come on…what was your first love? It doesn’t have to be the fastest around just the car that you’ll look back on and say I really loved that car…

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1970 Corvette LT- 1 , with side pipes . It was set up for road racing , rollbar , fire extinguisher etc. I would swap the race tires for some street tires and drive it around the streets for some great fun ! It did not look too good , but it ran great.

I've loved Camaros since I was little. My brother is a big third gen guy so I was exposed to them a lot before I could even drive. When I was 18 I bought my salvage titled '92 Camaro for next to nothing, which had been owned by my brother, his friend, and his best friend all at different points. It had 181k miles, needed minor bodywork, and really needed a paint job. The 305 was slow as hell but at least it sounded good. I loved that car, and I still do. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

I love my grand prix. I've always liked cars and have been going to the track since I was a kid. I really wanted a firebird or trans am for my first car, i found a lot of pretty cheap ones, but my dad wouldn't let me get a car any older than a 2000. He was talking about getting me a grand am, but I liked the grand prixs a lot better. He was driving home from work one day and saw the one I now have sitting at a car lot, they had just got it and we were first to look at it. He got it for me later that week and I really never thought I would ever like a grand prix that much, but I do. I wash it almost every weekend and am hoping to get it to run 12s.

Mine was my first car 1987 nissan 300zx n/a t/tops car was slow lol but it handled amazing an with the t tops off car was a blast to drive. Hands down till this day the most fun car to drive. Problem is there unreliable as shit haha. But ill get another one some day

I don't know if it's been asked before, but what was the car that started it all for you, the one you first fell in love with? I realized after bitching about my car in another thread that my Grand Prix really holds a certain sentimental value to me. Unlike most car guys I didn’t grow up turning wrenches on my dad’s car with him at 12 years old or visiting the track. I always liked cars but didn’t really know much about them. I bought the Grand Prix and it was pretty peppy. The next thing I know I was busting my knuckles trying my hardest and taking my time to properly install a CAI. Now I was all over the internet trying to find out more info on my car. I met people who were able to help guide and teach me and it wasn’t before long that I was spending all my time in my drive way under my hood. I got it running 12’s was driving it to work washing it every Sunday. I was in love with my car. So come on…what was your first love? It doesn’t have to be the fastest around just the car that you’ll look back on and say I really loved that car…

You are worse than a woman.

Lamborghini Countach - I had posters, models, toys, books... the works.

http://www.lamborghiniblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/lamborghini-countach-lp400-s.jpg

Loved that car. I guess that was my first car love. But it wasn't what got me into cars. As far back as I can remember, I've loved cars; and I can remember stuff from when I was 2 or 3. Even back then, I was playing with cars, building them from tinker toys, and even trying to "fix" one with an oversized fisher price screwdriver.

Before I was born, my father had a 1967 Corvette Stingray convertible with the 427 in it. He sold it to get a more practical car when I was born. But if I didn't know it was impossible, I'd say I was concieved in that car. It's the only explanation for why I love cars so much.

I always wanted to get him another '67 ray to replace that one.. But I never had the money, and now I'll never have the chance.

My uncles old muscle cars. Growing up I was so excited everytime my mom told me my uncles got a new car.

Just a small list.

1967 Camaro/1970 Nova/72 Nova/1970 Chevelle.

They always had at least one or two being built or taking them to MCIR every weekend. I grew up hanging around MCIR.

500+hp small block carb'd w/ exhaust that stopped at the front of the door. Still one of the best sounding engines to me.

When I was little my uncle kept his black 69 camaro with a cage and spray in our garage while he was in the Naval Academy. I remember my brother and I would open the garage and just stare at it and tell the neighborhood kids how cool it was.

One of the other big influences was the first time I saw this car

http://www.eporsch.co.uk/images/Turbo2MidnightB1.jpg

and then followed by this car

http://www.butzi.cz/modely/95_911_gt2_(993)/95_911_gt2_(993)_01.jpg