Barret Jackson?

Stimmel1647545512

I just watched that orange S7tt sell for like a third of its actual price, so i'd say everything is down. Kinda nice though to see the late 60's-early 70's shit come back near a real price though, gives me hope that i can still find a first gen camaro without having to hit the lotto.

ECONOMY

Not really dude people who dont have mad cash to spend do go to this shit anyone they prescreen and credit check everyone before they can be a bidder, its not like frank that makes 40k a year is like damn my year sucked cant bid on that boss 429....

some of these cars that sold for 100/150 will be double if not tripple that in 5 years or less

What goes up must come down, but it'll go back up again. I was fairly disapointed in the results I've seen tonight. However you just can't sell multi-million dollar cars all the time.

At least the charities did well this year, some kids will get wheelchairs, and others will get helped. Still a good show none the less.

I believe the ZL1 went low because this is what was said during the bidding, due to having the ZL1 frame/motor/tranny, the body from another 69 was put on it and that is why it went for about a 1/3 of the price of what a real ZL1 would go for. The Hemi cuda would have went higher if it was a 4-Speed car. The Yenko Camaro was right in the price range.

I believe the ZL1 went low because this is what was said during the bidding, due to having the ZL1 frame/motor/tranny, the body from another 69 was put on it and that is why it went for about a 1/3 of the price of what a real ZL1 would go for. The Hemi cuda would have went higher if it was a 4-Speed car. The Yenko Camaro was right in the price range.

the yanko copo should have whent for 350 or so. it had historic value with it being a super stock car with the helmet and jacket. but the zl1 was about right being a re-body car

Barrett Jackson is the WAAAYYYY high range of the market value for those cars anyway. You COULD NOT sell those cars anywhere else but there. People there are stupid as shit. There is certainly some stuff that is totally worth the selling price like the Ford tri motor airplane and the charity cars are always worth the extra penny, but some of that stuff is ridiculously priced and can be bought elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

Plus Barrett Jackson collects on 10% of the final sale, and the buyer has to pay a $10,000 fee when they buy the car on top of the paid price for having the "priveledge" of buying at Barrett Jaskson.

I have been watching almost every night. Don't get me wrong it is certainly fun to watch, I would NEVER buy there.

...Plus Barrett Jackson collects on 10% of the final sale, and the buyer has to pay a $10,000 fee when they buy the car on top of the paid price for having the "priveledge" of buying at Barrett Jaskson...

$400 to pre-register as a bidder ($500 to register on-site)

8% sellers premium

10% buyers premium

Barrett Jackson does set the bar/mark for the collector car market. Once a car is 'sold' at Barrett Jackson, it gets to carry that 'status' with it forever.

Thanks for the facts, but that is what I'm talking about. The only reason why they sell so high is because they have the biggest draw of like minded people who really want that one car and it goes down to who has the biggest pockets, not necessarily what it is worth.

We had a guy at the shop trying to sell an '86 honda accord with like 34K miles on it for 6K. He will never sell it in this area, we told him to take it to auction and hopefully two people will fight over it and run it up that high.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/first2010camarobj09_lead.jpg

First Retail Production 2010 Chevrolet Camaro:

One very passionate Camaro enthusiast at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction will come away with the keys to the first regular retail production-built unit of Chevy's all-new, 21st Century Sports Car. This first Camaro built for regular retail production will have a VIN ending with #100001. Chevrolet ceased production of the fourth-generation of their vaunted sports car in 2002. Four years later, Camaro appeared as a surprise concept vehicle at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The new production Camaro remains steadfastly true to that concept, with an eye-catching design reminiscent of the storied 1969 Camaro, but equipped with modern technology and a GM-estimated 27 MPG highway when equipped with the available V6 engine. Importantly, the winning bidder will have the ability to spec and order their Camaro to their liking, choosing from several colors, V6 or V8 engines, a manual or automatic transmission, and various trim packages and free-flow options. The vehicle will be built on the first day of retail production -- scheduled for early 2009. All proceeds from the sale will benefit the American Heart Association, a national voluntary health agency whose mission is: "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke." The association's impact goal is to reduce coronary heart disease, stroke and risk by 25 percent by 2010. Please join GM, Chevrolet, Barrett-Jackson and the American Heart Association in pursuit of this very worthwhile effort, and be the first to own Chevy's 21st Century Sports Car, the 2010 Chevy Camaro.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/17/barrett-jackson-2009-first-retail-production-2010-chevrolet-cam/