supercharger life

Reed44

Buy a real Regal already.

Fixed.

I'm happy with the car, just tired of modding it and the shit I have to deal with. The only thing I need now is a supercharger gasket which will be here tomorrow and a 2.5" or a stock downpipe. Everything else is off the car and replaced with stock junk.

I'm happy with the car, just tired of modding it and the shit I have to deal with. The only thing I need now is a supercharger gasket which will be here tomorrow and a 2.5" or a stock downpipe. Everything else is off the car and replaced with stock junk.

I hear that...i gave up once i got my bike. now i just want to get truck so i can haul the two wheeler round.

OK, here's the basics. Yes, the supercharger can go bad, but usually the worst that happens is that the snout bearing get worn and sloppy. If you let that go long enough( a LONG time) they can seize. I had that happen on my Bonneville, with the smaller supercharger from the Series 1.

Check for play on the S/C pulley: slip the belt off the S/C pulley and try to move it back and forth, and in and out. If there is any play, the bearings are starting to wear out. At that point, you need to rebuild the nose section. It's not that hard, not that expensive either, and there are a couple guides to doing the rebuild available. Just PM me if you want the links.

If the car is over 50,000 miles, CHANGE the oil, don't just top it off. I guarantee you, unless the owner was into modding it, that oil has never been changed. It is on the maintenance schedule, but I've NEVER heard of a mechanic actually doing it without it being requested.

Do it while the motor is WARM, but not hot. Jack up the car on the driver's side, then pull the engine cover off. Look at the base of the nose, on the front. You'll see a plug with an Allen wrench socket. Take that out, making sure you use a GOOD Allen wrench, they're hard to back out, and not that hard to strip.

Next, you'll need either a big syringe, or an old turkey baster or something, with about 2" of tube on the end, to suck the old oil out. Next, lower the car back down and jack it up on the passenger side, then empty TWO bottles of GM supercharger oil into the hole. Put the plug back in, drop the car, and you're done.

Be warned, used supercharger oil STINKS. Worse than rancid lard.