Gun Crew Question

04r1

Im planning a backpacking trip in the California back country and want to take a pistol with me. I have a CCW permit but it looks like that does no good in Cali. Can anyone shed any light if I will be able to carry it open or concealed or at all?

Legally, no. Personally, I would have a pistol with me regardless of the law. Safety first, considering what you are about to do.

felonies are fun

Also, not only are you not allowed to carry, there is a good change your gun is illegal in Cali anyways.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Do some research, but I don't believe that Cali honors the permit of any other state. If you can find one it does honor, see if you can get a non-resident permit for that state. I don't think there is any legal way for you to carry there, though.

felonies are fun

Also, not only are you not allowed to carry, there is a good change your gun is illegal in Cali anyways.

No Felonies aren't fun, but if I'm going to be in the wilderness for several days. I need protection. Whether it be from people or wild animals. A stick or swiss knife isn't enough. That's just me talking.

No Felonies aren't fun, but if I'm going to be in the wilderness for several days. I need protection. Whether it be from people or wild animals. A stick or swiss knife isn't enough. That's just me talking.

Heh I never leave home without my swiss army knife. It isn't a weapon it is a multi purpose tool! I use that fucker a lot.

Cali is a different animal though. I would rather just not go

Legally, no. Personally, I would have a pistol with me regardless of the law. Safety first, considering what you are about to do.

i understand where you are coming from here... safety first. but at the same time you gotta remember, if you were to be caught, it does not help the cause. anti gunners will look at it and say "see, gun owners are criminals".