Fill me in on Maintenance

Radio Flyer1647545514

When I go to look at this bike tomorrow what are some points of interest I should look at?

I know be sure bike starts with choke on, runs with choke off, forks for leaking oil.

What else?

I know he replaced the oil in the forks, he has papers to show the bikes compression from the test he recently did on it, new front and rear sprockets, so those should be in good condition. He has new tires on with 200 miles on them, and a new chain.

Anything major I should run over on this bike?

Guest tbutera2112
When I go to look at this bike tomorrow what are some points of interest I should look at?

I know be sure bike starts with choke on, runs with choke off, forks for leaking oil.

What else?

I know he replaced the oil in the forks, he has papers to show the bikes compression from the test he recently did on it, new front and rear sprockets, so those should be in good condition. He has new tires on with 200 miles on them, and a new chain.

Anything major I should run over on this bike?

my bike runs like a champ, and in this weather its a bitch to start.... it may take you a while to get that bike started tomorrow... we had to start mine like 3 or 4 times with the choke before it would stay running...let it run with the choke on the whole time we moved it *only had it running for about a minute to a minute and a half*

make sure the throttle will snap back properly.. check to make sure the clutch still has alot of adjustment left, all signals,headlamps, tail lamps are working, see how worn tires are. make sure brake fluid is pretty clear, if its dark, then its never been changed, needs changed.. no big deal,but all these things can be bargaining tools.

and like kenny said look for obvious signs its been laid down.

dont let anyone fool you if there are scraps.. if its just minor nicks... yes it may have been tipped, but scrapes where it looks a if the bike was moving means it was laid down.

Had to give the bike a jump but it started right up after that.

Bike ran through all the gears, but the throttle was sticking a little bit. Could this be due to the grips that were on the bike?

My friend that went with me said his dirt bike would do that in the cold weather, but when he cut part of the grip off of it it was fine.

The seller was rather surprised it was sticking, and he thought it was due to the cold weather.

He does all the maintenance himself on his bikes. Everything was very very clean, which you can tell he washed it well before storing it away for the winter.