kia rio??

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

im looking to get my gf a decent car, and this guy emailed me about my probe

hey I have a 2003 Kia Rio, im not sure whats wrong with it, it just wont start. The starter just clicks when you turn the key...Im looking to trade heads up for something that I can drive. My main vehicle I drive caught fire last week and im trying to find something to drive while I fix it, please let me know if this sounds good to you or not.

should i do it? what would the clicking be? starter?

Guest Removed
what the fuck ever. How come every one I see is such a piece of shit? I suppose I'd buy one instead of a Cavalier, but I sure as hell wouldn't want a damn Rio.

older stuff yes maybe..those are shitty. but the newer stuff is not like that

cavalier= spectra

rio =aveo(sp)

Guest Removed
I know Kia uses mitsubishi parts .

:wtf:

kia dont use starter relays on the older stuff, and as far as i know, never used mitsu parts! they use bocsh , and delphi parts.kia=hyundia

2001 kia rio starting system diagram

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/98829294.gif

oh look no relay

Guest Removed
Kia, Hyundai, Chrysler have mitsu parts on them. Not all, but some/most. I think they even share a plant somewhere in the US

Chrysler yes.....older ass kia's maybe....but NO

Hyundia owns KIA now. Kia was in bed with mazda/ford. hell the ford aspire is a kia! even in my kia training class's, Never once did i hear a damn thing about mitsu parts being on any of them.

and what does a Samurai have to do with kia/hyundia? nothing.. that was all mitsu

hyundia has there own plant here in Ga...the kia plant is going up right across the street

Guest Removed
Heres proof that they have a link. http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/2005/10/03/afx2257919.html

And Im pretty sure ive seen the mitsu diamond on a few kia/hyundais before.

you are correct. thats why they are called world or global engines.

they are producing engine's....not relays

from your link from 05

"The two Dundee plants are part of a five-factory venture building a family of 1.8-liter, 2.0-liter and 2.4-liter engines jointly developed by the three partners."

and that started in 05.

not the decade before when Samurai and vr4's were made.

the only thing they have been sharing since 05 is engine's. not relays.

all of the kia electrical systems come from bosch siemens or delphi.

the 6G74 (3.5 liter) variation of the 6G72 ( 3.0 liter ) mitsubishi 3000gt motor is used in the Kia Sedona minivan. The same motor was used in mitsubishi monteros for many years.

As far as the starter problem, it's the the "click click start" problem commonly as a result of its symptoms, and is easily fixed by installing a relay to pull power straight from the battery when signaled by the ignition.

P.S. - my car has a 6G72

the 6G74 (3.5 liter) variation of the 6G72 ( 3.0 liter ) mitsubishi 3000gt motor is used in the Kia Sedona minivan. The same motor was used in mitsubishi monteros for many years.

As far as the starter problem, it's the the "click click start" problem commonly as a result of its symptoms, and is easily fixed by installing a relay to pull power straight from the battery when signaled by the ignition.

P.S. - my car has a 6G72

This guy knows

you are correct. thats why they are called world or global engines.

they are producing engine's....not relays

from your link from 05

"The two Dundee plants are part of a five-factory venture building a family of 1.8-liter, 2.0-liter and 2.4-liter engines jointly developed by the three partners."

and that started in 05.

not the decade before when Samurai and vr4's were made.

the only thing they have been sharing since 05 is engine's. not relays.

all of the kia electrical systems come from bosch siemens or delphi.

Ok, well I just knew they had a link and it sounded like the click click start problem so i threw it out there.

Guest Removed

P.S. - my car has a 6G72

oh i know the 3.5 very well. replaced many of them after the intake butterfly screws drop in it and beat shit half to death.hence the recall on All the sorento lower intake's.( guess we can blame mitsu for that one) but you sure its only the sedona? cause those are in the the high end car, the sorento, and the the hyundia version of the newer sportage's. but the funny thing about all those, even the rods have hyundia/kia stampings in them.blocks, heads and so on have those stampings in them too.maybe the diamond is now a h with a circle around it with the letters KIA next to it. The same engine's they stopped installing after the 05(06 in the sorento's) model years.

but the simple fact is, about all the car makers feed off each other! hell it dont matter to me. i just know, hyundia/kia does not use mitsu electrical parts. and infact, the newer (06 and up) cars that do use a relay in the underhood junction block, is a GM 5 pin relay. but then maybe thats why theres 2 plants. one makes engines for Chrysler/Mitsu and the other one for Hyundia/Kia? Cause i know that all the engines at class never had a diamond on them. And the fact that I worked on them for a living seeing this same no start issue, is caused by the 2 things i posted.

now do we even know if the battery is up to snuff?

do we even know if the battery terminals are in good shape?

NO we dont, so on a simple NO Start issue, it would it not make sense to start with the basic's and go from there instead of telling someone to go start pulling relays and maybe making more issue's then there all ready is?