Newsgroups UPDATE.

thorne

Astraweb is a awesome provider. You can get SSL streams (So even if your being monitored they have no clue what exactly you are downloading.) 15$ a month. or 10$ a month if you don't care how fast you can dl at.

http://www.nzbmatrix.com

http://www.news.astraweb.com/

Between those 2 sites your set. If you need a new howto on setting up news groups let me know I can post up some pics.

Whats a good DL-ing program? I tried SuperNZB but it only allows 2 connections without paying.

What is quickPar? I DL'ed that W7.nzb that jones posted. i got like 79 .rar files and a bunch of PAR2 files. WinRAR can't open the .RARs. It errors out.

Edited by JaSSon

Whats a good DL-ing program? I tried SuperNZB but it only allows 2 connections without paying.

What is quickPar? I DL'ed that W7.nzb that jones posted. i got like 79 .rar files and a bunch of PAR2 files. WinRAR can't open the .RARs. It errors out.

If you are running windows google quickpar for windows. Install that program. Now double click on any of the par2 files and let it scan. You probably have a corrupt rar file (happens a lot with usenet). quickpar will fix it but depending on your computer and the size of the file it could take 15-60 minutes. Once it says it is 100% repaired then you can unrar with winrar. If quickpar can't fix it you are screwed. Try to re-download the corrupt rar files or just give up and delete everything.

grabit by shemes works well.

Joe I can show you something better want to do some speedtests be vs you ? Just kidding =)

I'm sure your test account is faster than this Warner connection I'm stuck with at the condo. Inconsistant speeds FTL...and it ain't packet loss.

I miss my 15 meg down / 2 meg up connection. I still can use my Slingbox that is hooked up to my WOW account. :)

Joe want me to take a look at your shit? Sounds like you get a levels issue.

Just msg me your info and I wil ltake a peak

Come on, like I don't know how to check my levels.

You are in the NOC; I was a field tech that knows how to actually troubleshoot and fix this shit on a daily basis. Levels are fine. :) RX 2, TX 40, SNR 37....WELL within spec. Can't help an overbuilt plant, or poor plant design, or poor design hitting the head end (I was never a maintenance tech, so that's my weakest field TS point).

No packet loss, no phone break up. Dual RG6 throughout condo, compression fittings, all tight. I haven't broke into the lockbox to look in there; I'd imagine the setup is two RG-11 lines feeding it from a nearby 4-port tap that feeds the next building over...I'd take a guess that it's a 11 or 14 value hot tap. Obviously I can't verify that without looking or seeing prints, but I know the transmit level is low enough that I'm not sitting too close to an amp.

Alright, now back to Windows 7. I still cant get it to unrar. I've re-downloaded it and I even opened the par files with quickPar....which doesn't do anything. The repair button is grayed out. ...I'd really appreciate a hand with this.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/loaded321/quickpar.jpg

Your screen shot shows your PAR files are damaged. They are used to repair other damaged files. If they are not complete you won't repair anything (thats why you can't click repair). Your download was fucked. Either find another post and download again or give up on it.

Dude..wtf. I just DL'ed a couple episodes of the Daily show and the Colbert Report and they're damaged too.

Is NZB Matrix full of bunk downloads or is Grabit killing them?

If anything it is your usenet server that doesn't have all the posts. Check the age of the post. How old is it?