high hp daily driver

Guest tbutera2112

anyone here have a car that makes about 400-450 rwhp and is a DD? is it too much? what about for winter time?

I daily mine in the summer.... lol And it makes 460 at WOT

Keep your foot off the gas and it will actually stand still at a stop light.

OMG!!!!!!:bangbang:

Guest tbutera2112
also, it would be a boosted vehicle... so it wouldnt be 400 n/a hp...so if i stayed outta boost im thinking it would be ok... with some sand bags in the back for winter and some decent tires

i would say not. especially if you do hit boost in winter and spin it out. I think anything above 300 is a little much for winter. my stock ls1 camaro is kinda hard in the winter but its doable. if i had another 150hp or so i dont think i would drive it

Guest tbutera2112
i would say not. especially if you do hit boost in winter and spin it out. I think anything above 300 is a little much for winter. my stock ls1 camaro is kinda hard in the winter but its doable. if i had another 150hp or so i dont think i would drive it

well...its a truck...the boost comes on real smooth and the throttle isnt touchy at all...its a pig without boost... granted its still stock, and i have plans for it, but still...my dad DD it for about 5 years and only had an issue once, where he slid out of his driveway, and into a ditch (driveway lets out onto a very thin country road, with a ditch right at the other side)... im driving it now, and not having problems...im just thinking with the added boost from pulley tune exhaust intake work, that it might be a little much...but i was told that since it makes power from FI that it would be fine to drive in the winter, as long as i dont have a led foot

Thats why I buy AWD and turbo

I'm not 400@ the wheel but at the crank I am. I drive mine in the snow. Now I turn my boost down to ~17psi from 22.

@ 19lbs I made 300@wheels.

The nice thing about boosted cars is we can turn the boost down.

Guest tbutera2112

i also realize that 400 hp isnt a lot to a lot of people on here lol... but it is compared to my 250rwhp stang...

pulley tune exhaust intake....then eventually a 100 shot for track days

i also realize that 400 hp isnt a lot to a lot of people on here lol... but it is compared to my 250rwhp stang...

pulley tune exhaust intake....then eventually a 100 shot for track days

why not buy a nice daily driver, that way you dont even have to take it out in bad weather? Salt is what kills the cars up here, thats why 90% of the nicer cars stay covered in a garage.

Guest tbutera2112
why not buy a nice daily driver, that way you dont even have to take it out in bad weather? Salt is what kills the cars up here, thats why 90% of the nicer cars stay covered in a garage.

i dont think it would fit in my garage...plus i need garage space...ill just have to make sure to drive through a car wash with an underbody rinse every now and then during the winter

Yea buy an Audi, subaru, Evo or Volvo... AWD + boost... even in the snow, it doesnt matter. Even mine is FWD and isnt all that bad in the Snow... granted it doesnt make anywhere near the power youre talking but the onset curve is so steep with the tiny turbo that it may has well be the same thing.

Ive actully been looking into an A4 or S4 lately...

i drive my GTO daily--375rwhp. comfortable as can be. i wouldn't call it high horsepower either--i just have a catback/filter/tune--its a heavy car. i have no problems driving this car on long drives either. i choose not to drive it in shitty weather, because i still have a beater for that.

i drive my GTO daily--375rwhp. comfortable as can be. i wouldn't call it high horsepower either--i just have a catback/filter/tune--its a heavy car. i have no problems driving this car on long drives either. i choose not to drive it in shitty weather, because i still have a beater for that.

Zip it Floridian. :cool: