System Security Virus

yotaman88210

"Most" viruses have to be launched' date=' clicked on, etc. It takes human interaction to initiate it. Tell the guy to quit opening email attachements :)[/quote']

You're right... "Click here to close window"... and what it really means... "Click here to install virus"

You're right... "Click here to close window"... and what it really means... "Click here to install virus"

True, that does exist. If you right click the tray tab for that dialog box and close, it avoids that. Or go to process and kill it, if you can find a separate one for it. Or close browser and reopen it.

Right, NEVER click the button it wants you to, always use the X in the corner to close the box. Something I do is turn my router off and throw up the ALL STOP button on the firewall BEFORE trying to close any evil looking popup or website. I have my router connected to a desktop lamp timer that has a desktop on/off button so shutting it off quickly is simple.

Right' date=' NEVER click the button it wants you to, always use the X in the corner to close the box. Something I do is turn my router off and throw up the ALL STOP button on the firewall BEFORE trying to close any evil looking popup or website. I have my router connected to a desktop lamp timer that has a desktop on/off button so shutting it off quickly is simple.[/quote']

Actually, clicking the little X in the corner of the box has been known to do the evil install... the entire dialog box was written by the guy trying to infect your computer, no part of it is safe...

Actually, clicking the little X in the corner of the box has been known to do the evil install... the entire dialog box was written by the guy trying to infect your computer, no part of it is safe...

True, true. Which is why I turn on the ALL BLOCK on the firewall and kill the router before trying to close anything evil looking popup or site. If you kill the feed (ie. the router) first your chances of getting infected drop tremendously since the virus has to be loaded from someplace. Plus as soon as you get infected, a virus immediatlely begins to self-replicate and send itself to everyone in your email contact list (assuming you have one setup on your pc) so cutting off the internet feed is essential. I've had to clean my wife's pc a couple times as she has gotten a virus before, its not fun at all.