99 civic ex stalling

Twistedrx7

My girlfriends car seems to be experiencing some problems. For one it wont start. As soon as you start it, it idles low and sounds like crap. It will stall sometimes so we havent even been able to back it up.

I can hear the fuel pump kicking on and i just replaced the spark plugs.

Dirty IACV, Egr? any other known issues with civic?

It wasnt run through a puddle at all, she drove home from work and the next morning it didnt start up. I havent checked the hoses since it is really cold out at the moment. The rpms barely move up when it first starts. It either starts and has some lifter tick to it, or just stalls.

No compression test has been done yet.

Guest Removed

dist could be leaking oil into the cap. dirty injectors. IACV could be dirty, and the throttle body could be all gumed up aswell.

broken vaccum line, and so on..

start with the basic's and go form there.

Its not the IACV...its most likely the distributor. Check the rotor button, the little screw that holds the button on often times comes loose. IACV wont make it sputter, it will make it go up and down constantly at idle once the temp goes to normal operating temperature, wont do it right at startup. As for noisy lifters, prob needs them adjusted. I can do that for $60bucks if you need it done