Icey slushy coolant is bad.

nurkvinny

Just a reminder to check all those cars, trucks, and other vehicles you have out in the detached garages...

Went to start the Chevelle tonight, and for whatever reason grabbed the top radiator hose and squeezed it. Felt like a slushy from 7-11, heavy on the ice.

Took the belt off so the water pump wouldn't try to push ice, started the car for ~5 minutes, turned it off, repeated, and the warmth from the engine running thawed everything out... no damage to the engine or the freeze plugs. I was skeered.

$12 of antifreeze later, and I am much happier. :)

Mine's good. Actually started on the first crank the other day after sitting throught that super cold snap for over a couple weeks. Suprised the shit outta me. I then rewarded it by backing out into the driveway... and then pulling back in. :D Too much snow.

Guest Removed
Yeah my low coolant light has been on since the cold spell and it is topped off. I don't really care though I am getting back and forth from work. Oh well the car was only $500.

smack the jug a few times with it full. most of the time when the light is on, its just gummed up to the bottom of the jug.

smack the jug a few times with it full. most of the time when the light is on, its just gummed up to the bottom of the jug.

I think the sensor needs replaced. Before I bought the car it was filled with dexcool and not replaced for 6 years or longer. That was dookie brown colored when I drained it. :mad:

It used to be on constantly in the summer time until I flushed it out. Then it quit until a few weeks ago.