salvage title q's

Dave1647545494

When I had my explorer done they just checked to make sure that

a. I had all of my receipts.

b. That is was repaired properly(guy said they just make sure parts aren't hanging off, etc) and was safe for the road.

c. That the horn, turn signals, lights, etc worked.

Took about 30 minutes in there and out. Hope you're not in a hurry as they're usually pretty backed up. I got lucky and the one on 40 outside of Zanesville had an opening a couple days later. They shut down though.

edit-wtf old thread haha

Guest tbutera2112
When I had my explorer done they just checked to make sure that

a. I had all of my receipts.

b. That is was repaired properly(guy said they just make sure parts aren't hanging off, etc) and was safe for the road.

c. That the horn, turn signals, lights, etc worked.

Took about 30 minutes in there and out. Hope you're not in a hurry as they're usually pretty backed up. I got lucky and the one on 40 outside of Zanesville had an opening a couple days later. They shut down though.

theyre scheduling for june 12th... only problem is my mom says she wont sign the title over to me until i take the MSF course, and who knows how long that is going to be backed up

theyre scheduling for june 12th... only problem is my mom says she wont sign the title over to me until i take the MSF course, and who knows how long that is going to be backed up

how many places did you call? I've always heard it's easier to get scheduled into the one in Jackson a lot faster than the Columbus one.

Guest tbutera2112
how many places did you call? I've always heard it's easier to get scheduled into the one in Jackson a lot faster than the Columbus one.

i called columbus, but im not worried about the inspection...need to rush and get my license

im gonna try and make it down to get my temps today...then ill sign up for one of them and just start showing up for walk in lotterys....my mom isnt letting my have the bike title until i pass, so i cant even get it inspected, which is dumb as hell since ill have my temps...(it was my dads bike)

hopefully i get some seat time this summer

If you are in a hurry to get into the class. Just show up to every single class running and try for the lottery. My girlfriend got into the first one we tried and I got into the next one.

I am sure you could make it into one soon.

good luck

Guest tbutera2112
If you are in a hurry to get into the class. Just show up to every single class running and try for the lottery. My girlfriend got into the first one we tried and I got into the next one.

I am sure you could make it into one soon.

good luck

thanks..that is the plan!

what kind of stuff do i need to know for the temp test? is it all common sense like driving?

When I did it. I went and got a packet that had a book in it.

I read the book over two or three times and passed with ease.

Its mostly common sense, but there is some motorcycle specific questions in it. That arent hard if you have looked the book over.

I've had several cars inspected from a salvage title. The last one had no airbags in it, no horn, not reapired - damage to trunk floor, cracked windshield, dark tint windows.... Not much worked, but they only checked for stolen parts. Nothing about safety was checked. I am under the impression that they only look for stolen parts and that the inspection is not a safety inspection.

I've had several cars inspected from a salvage title. The last one had no airbags in it, no horn, not reapired - damage to trunk floor, cracked windshield, dark tint windows.... Not much worked, but they only checked for stolen parts. Nothing about safety was checked. I am under the impression that they only look for stolen parts and that the inspection is not a safety inspection.

They told me when I did mine that it definately was not meant to be a safety inspection of any kind. They just want to make sure that the major body/mechanical parts aren't stolen.