ID that TB?

Draco-REX

Ok, so I have a difficult one for you guys. I'm strongly considering building a 2.5RS to run in M4, so I'm looking at other builds to get ideas. Well, on 25rs.com there is a thread from a tuner that got 300 crank HP from a N/A 2.5L.

They're playing it close to the chest, but there are some hints. The most curious is the throttlebody. It's described as "a shinny Ford TB" that's 65mm. Unfortunately, not much more info has been found on this build, though it is definitely real. I'm not going to duplicate it, but the TB, IM, and tune supposedly helped a lot.

Is this enough for some guesses?

Thanks

No.. that's what sucks. No known pictures of the engine.

I was hoping someone would have at least a couple suggestions. If it helps, the TB would be cable-actuated, and attach to the Intake Manifold by 4 bolts. It could possibly have a MAP sensor built in, but not an IAT sensor as I believe they had to plumb one into the IM.

Guest Removed

i have seen on custom intakes , mustang style TB's

the IAC is not on the TB.cable operation.

mainly hondas, but who knows.. once you wire the tps up and tune it.

i wonder how far off the bolt pattern is?

got a spare intake laying around?

i have seen on custom intakes , mustang style TB's

the IAC is not on the TB.cable operation.

mainly hondas, but who knows.. once you wire the tps up and tune it.

i wonder how far off the bolt pattern is?

got a spare intake laying around?

Strangely enough, yes. A friend replaced his engine and couldn't use the new intake. I'm thinking of Making it work, so it's still laying around.

5.0 Ford explorers had a 65mm single 4 bolt TB with Idle air control on side and TPS on top, cable actuated. Intake air temp provision not in TB.

A little NEVR DULL, varied grit sandpaper, and some elbow grease and it could be shiny...

???

First off, any TB that is 65mm is gonna flow about the same there is not some special TB that is gonna make a ton of HP. People use 5.0 TBs because they are super cheap and available everywhere, in many different sizes.

First off, any TB that is 65mm is gonna flow about the same there is not some special TB that is gonna make a ton of HP. People use 5.0 TBs because they are super cheap and available everywhere, in many different sizes.

The trick here is that this is a Ford TB on a Subaru engine. I believe the stock TB is smaller than 65mm.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, the Mustang TB sounds like it might be right. Now I just have to make my final decision and start experimenting. :)