english bulldog

yellowsnake

From what I remember a breeder will run anywhere from 1000 to 3000 just depending on show quality and whether or not its the runt/last pick of the litter. Pet stores will run from 3000-4000 just because they are crazy assholes usually.

Make sure you get the hereditary type stuff checked out by a vet, and set some aside for medical costs since I've heard these dogs aren't always the healthiest.

Yeah the wife really wants one too, maybe one day

For those who want this breed:

We had a huge discussion here that I believe resulted in the last person changing their minds on getting the English. However, there's some good news. Major kennel clubs, including the AKC, have stepped up and pretty much demanded that many of the traits that cause problems for certain breeds, ie; the super smashed faces of English Bulls (the English have a few traits they're going to do away with), Pugs, etc among many other traits in various other breeds, will not have to be bred out of current lines for acceptance into shows, etc.

That's the gist of it, anyway. People have a tendency to goto far when breeding in certain traits, even when it's bad for the animal. (Pisses me the fuck off) This is going to go a long way to helping that and actually make dog ownership cheaper in the long run due to lower medical bills, etc.

So, my advice to you is look for what dog you want, but if you want an English, try to find a progressive breeder and do your research!

yeah i could try the search button first couldn't i. dont mind if its m or female, although a female i could probably get my money back.

Oh don't even go there...

Don't be a backyard breeder. If you really want to get your money back on them CORRECTLY, you'll have to sell pups for $4000, because that's how much cash you SHOULD put into health certification and testing for the parents.

Enjoy your pet. Don't feed the puppy-mill monster.

As far as finding one - search long and hard. Don't buy from anyone who has both parents on the premises. Don't buy from a "breeder" who doesn't screen their potential homes. Make sure the parents have hip, knee and heart certification. Hearing certs if they are white.

And if you aren't going to show in AKC, spay or neuter as soon as physically viable.

I have two English Bulldogs and love them. They are both around a year old and were around $1800 each. Only thing I hate is they snore like crazy when sleeping. Drives me nuts.

Make sure you do your homework on the breeder. Its best to take a look at the parents and pedigree. Research before getting one as Bulldogs need more care than your typical dog.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=178&pictureid=1066