cobra owners...

SRTurbo04

i bought mine brand new off the showroom floor in '04 for around $31k. i've got about $8k in mods, and 600rwhp at my disposal anytime i want to use it--with a completely stock long block. the car is quiet (stock headers, and high flow cats), has ice-cold A/C, and a glass smooth idle. i suck at drag racing, but others with my set-up run low 11's. with a solid rear, and some weight loss (lighter seats, big/skinny tire combo) the car would be good for high 10's. the stock clutch has been seeing 600rwhp for about 2 years with no sign of letting up---maybe i just drive the car like a pussy.

i've got about $4k wrapped up in a solid rear that i'm putting together, and am considering buying an automatic, and a mammoth kenne bell kit. i'm hesitant to do too much more because the car is so much fun to drive right now as it sits--it drives like a completely stock car, and is completely reliable. i only have 16k miles on it though, and it never sees rain.

pros-- un-matched gains with very simple pulley swaps. catback, intake, pulley, tune, plugs, and you've got 450-470 rwhp and equal torque. bottom end is 'bomb-proof', and can withstand 700rwhp without much problem given the proper tune, and fuel. these cars are fairly rare, and will get you attention. big aftermarket with tons of aftermarket blower options. many of these cars are adult owned, and have not been tortured. they can get down to 3300lbs with light seats, big/skinny tire combo, solid rear end, and tubular k-member (350lbs weight loss). they also love spray. web support from svtperformance, and modularfords is every bit as good as ls1 sites

cons-- 3650lbs (coupe). IRS will only take so much launching abuse, and will not tolerate wheel hop. with big power, and launching, you will need a better clutch and transmission input shaft. blower makes TONS of heat--heatsoak with back-to-back highway runs can blow the motor--avoid boosting into 5th gear (over 145mph), without the head cooling mod. many of these cars tend to run poorly at the dragstrip for several reasons::: 1)its so easy and cheap to make massive power, that owners neglect upgrading the suspension, and other key components to run fast 2) they're heavy 3) not as easy to launch with the IRS.

Paul, you change your mind more than I do. Spend some money on real mods for your SRT and shut everyone up.

i know i just want something different eith a more reliable upgrade path. an at the end of the day its still a neon haha

kirk thank you that is the type of info ive been needing. i appreciate your response

check out svtperformance.com

there are tons of them for sale on that site, and most of them are reasonably priced. you will get a good idea what the market is like for them. also, they tend to be more well-maintained, then if you randomly saw one on a used car lot--those are the ones to avoid.

just buy a N/A LSx car

i have one of these, and its not nearly as fun as the cobra. it makes a great daily driver, but it just takes too much away from the car to really make power. there's a guy down here with longtubes, intake, cam, etc. on a GTO, and he gets absolutely abused by an upper pulley only cobra. and clean f-bodies are becoming difficult to find.

i'm not brand-biased either, i'll have a vette in the driveway some day soon, and i love my GTO.

If you gotta ask about insurance you prolly will not be happy modding it considering payment and Insurance at the end of each month.

Not trying to be a dick but if I were to get a car, insurance would last be on my mind cause if I could afford it my insurance would be pocket change considering the mods the car would undergo...

Guest tbutera2112
LOL, if that's true and you are still in your parents house, then I vote for this. I'd kick my kid's ass for thinking about a car like that if he was still in my house... :lol:

ide kick my own ass if i lived at home and made enough money to afford 2 bikes, a few trucks, and a cobra

I just want to know if he really lives at home with all that shit... :nod:

there are reason that are none of crs buisness as to why i do yes

but again please keep this on topic i dont need the random posts in here tryin to get info

Guest tbutera2112
there are reason that are none of crs buisness as to why i do yes

but again please keep this on topic i dont need the random posts in here tryin to get info

just go buy a cobra, pussy....tell us how you think it is, instead of just asking people

buy an orange one