mitsu evo 8 and 9 owners

boosted98gst

Evo8

Turboback, intake, MBC, Tein Springs, reflash. Cams awaiting install. Stock turbo and IC. Not doing anymore mods after cams and tune until I have another DD. Than I plan on going all out. We know how "plans" go though. No track times on this car yet.

Evo8

Turboback, intake, MBC, Tein Springs, reflash. Cams awaiting install. Stock turbo and IC. Not doing anymore mods after cams and tune until I have another DD. Than I plan on going all out. We know how "plans" go though. No track times on this car yet.

nice who did the reflash? what type of cams did you go with?

When i did own 03 evo 8, these are the mods/power i had.

26xxx miles

ARP head studs

supertech valve seals

supertech retainers

supertech dual springs

fidanza cam gears

hks 272 exhaust/intake camshafts

precision 880cc injectors

precision intercooler

perrin fuel rail

hks b.o.v

tial waste gate 44mm

ss clutch line

act heaviy duty street- junk

fidanza lightened flywheel

aem ems

slowmotion turbokit GT35R .83r

car was blast to drive, full boost was around 4700 redline to 8000. No times at the track, car needed a rebuilt tranny though for the race gas power.

19psi pump gas-410awhp

29psi race gas-507awhp

03 evo 8

90k it now Yikes!

engine block mods?

ARP mainstuds and conrod bolts, buschur race bearings

head mods?

Headstuds

tranny mods?

short shifter and bushings, needs a rebuild

type of clutch?

centerforce

turbo set ups?

stock

suspension set ups?

tein springs and rear sway bar

best 1/4 time and trap?

n/a

349awhp at 19.5 psi

364awhp at 22.5

engine block mods? BR built 2.0

head mods? AMS race head, +1mm valves, GSC 280 cams

tranny mods? New factory with 05 revisions

type of clutch? Exedy twin HD

turbo set ups? ported FP Red

suspension set ups? Tein springs

best 1/4 time and trap? best trap 125 so far on pump. That was on a shitty ACT clutch that locked me out every time I shifted.

Just a note, if you are only looking to drag race, I would recommend against an AWD car. At the upper end of power you're going to break a LOT of stuff. Even though I own an STI and respect the Evo, if I were interested in drag racing seriously, I'd get some RWD american iron.

The way I see it is this. The Evo is one of the best street & strip cars there are. There are a hand full of 9 second full interior streetable Evos out there. It's not the best strip only car, it's not the best street only car, but I believe it is the best at handling both.

I own an EVO 8. It used to me my wife's daily driver until I recently got her something new. It is basically my mule car to test tuning ideas on and whatnot. It is quick for what it is but I have never drag raced it in its present form.

EVO8

Stock motor

Exedy twin disc clutch

BR UICP w/ 1g BOV

BR 3" exhaust

FP4r cams

mini battery

255 pump

1000cc injectors

AEM EMS tuned by me

AEM UEGO

AEM Boost Solenoid

AEM serial gauge

E85 all year around

Just a note, if you are only looking to drag race, I would recommend against an AWD car. At the upper end of power you're going to break a LOT of stuff. Even though I own an STI and respect the Evo, if I were interested in drag racing seriously, I'd get some RWD american iron.

I am not into american cars ive been around the dsm/ evo crowd for years now and learned how to build and work /tune on my own stuff, i never had any issues with using an awd for the strip.

I keep seeing an EVO 8 on Olentangy pulling into the apartments across from the 315 South henderson road off ramp.

Black, no spoiler, Maryland plates, Super blue head lights with bright yellow fogs up in between the head lights almost on the grill. Looks lowered. Saw a girl driving it the first time with a yellow evo 8 following her.

I'm impressed; I knew these were capable cars, but never had a chance to see a mod / power chart from real world applications. So the transmissions seem to have issues around what, ~500 HP at the crank?

You need to upgrade the Tcase around there, or you'll get the dreaded Tcase death noise. Which sounds like heaven in your ears.

Oh, and I'm calling you out this spring. :)

You need to upgrade the Tcase around there, or you'll get the dreaded Tcase death noise. Which sounds like heaven in your ears.

Oh, and I'm calling you out this spring. :)

Ha, awesome; my first official call out. I need to get a couple things taken care of and tuned before I do any serious throttle stomping. After that however... :cool:

I'm always interested in other modified cars that I know nothing about. I never seem to have any car buddies who drive anything but the same cars I do.

Honestly the transmission is the last thing that I would worry about in the drivetrain as they are extremely stout. There are plenty of cars out there with just freshened up gear sets (mainly for easier high rpm shifting) that run 9's. Where you run into trouble is the stock transfer case. Without a rebuild, wheel hop kills them pretty quickly. If you can avoid that then you are pretty golden. I rarely have heard of transmissions going before something else. Ironically, more people blow t-cases on stock sized turbos than with big turbo high hp cars.

I think the 5 speed and 500 hp is just fine.