how do i jailbreak, and unlock and iphone 3g??

88lx5oh

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=638525&highlight=yellowsn0w

yellowsn0w is the program, above is how to unlock for T-mobile for the 3G. Just know that you cannot unlock the 2.2.1 software yet, only the 2.2 software. You will also need a T-mobile sim card to "unlock" the phone. Jailbreak is so you can run custom things on the iPhone, unlock is to be able to use it on T-mobile's network. They go for more on ebay because it is rare to have a iPhone for sale to work on another network other than AT&T's network.

I think nobody in this thread is using a iPhone on T-mobile's network, so nobody has their iPhone "unlocked". They just have it Jailbroken. I know Charles is using AT&T.

Edited by Benjamin

hater is Ben. Just jailbreak it already, dude. You love this coolness.

I don't really, I like mine OEM, it's rare anymore. :) I don't need my lock screen to look pretty, I'm cool with a pic of my daughter and nephew is all I need. When you have your little one you will understand.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100006/photo1233873070493/web.jpg

I dropped mine on a tile surface today. Shattered the glass covering the screen.

Like everyone else it happens to, It works fine aside from the carnage it causes my finger sliding on the cracks.

Anyone have any luck getting it replaced for free?

broken screen? Not a chance. Sad thing is if it's an iPhone AT&T will not subsidize the second one I believe. SO the you have to pay full price. Apple Care doesn't even cover that. The cheapest thing to do I believe is a screen replacement at I think $250. I may not be entirely right on this stuff though.

broken screen? Not a chance. Sad thing is if it's an iPhone AT&T will not subsidize the second one I believe. SO the you have to pay full price. Apple Care doesn't even cover that. The cheapest thing to do I believe is a screen replacement at I think $250. I may not be entirely right on this stuff though.

Yep, AT&T will not subsidize the second one from what I have heard from the store reps as well. I went with a Iphone only policy through State Farm that covers any damage/loss/ or theft because I will be pissed if I had to pay full price for another Iphone.

I opened a policy with StateFarm to cover ours. $0 deductible. Less a year than insurance with a carrier out cost.

Interesting... Ill have to get that for the next time.

It has to fall in such a way. Mine fell face down on a tile surface. Shattered the class cover to smithereens.

This online store will fix your junk for $115 but you are without it for a week or so.

Link

I'm going to the apple store tomorrow to see if I can negotiate a free one.

I'm going to the apple store tomorrow to see if I can negotiate a free one.

Don't waste your time and gas man, I had a friend that the day the 3G came out in June he dropped his in the evening, went the next day and was turned away at the Easton Store.