Hockey Fest

verse

Anyone going to Hockey Fest this Sunday? It sounds like fun. I'm just on the edge of whether I should bring my son who is 2. I'm not sure if there'd be anything there he could enjoy or not. He loves watching hockey with daddy and we pass the tennis ball back and forth every night with our hockey sticks (I bought him a novelty CBJ stick, but fits him good).

If you don't, I could take the tickets off your hands. I haven't got tickets yet, I figured I could get some at the arena.

I prob. won't know until that day. There are some things there I think he would like. They have some games, that involve the players....he can tour the dressing rooms, and I think they give a tour of "what it is like on gameday" how they prepare, etc..... It give people alot of behind the scenes access into the CBJ. for 15 bucks, and all procedds go to a good cause, it seems worth it.

I prob. won't know until that day. There are some things there I think he would like. They have some games, that involve the players....he can tour the dressing rooms, and I think they give a tour of "what it is like on gameday" how they prepare, etc..... It give people alot of behind the scenes access into the CBJ. for 15 bucks, and all procedds go to a good cause, it seems worth it.

Yeah, he would get in free as well since he's just under 2 years old. Actually 22 months.

My G/F and I went last year or the year before. It was pretty cool. If I were a bigger CBJ fan I'm sure it would be a blast. Lots of things to do for kids too. The auction was fun for the big people. I bid on a Penguins banner, the kind that hang form the rafters at Nationwide. That mofo was HUGE! I just got my work bonus so I made a pretty good run at it, but once it $1,200 I had to stop. :( All and all it's a good time. i doubt I'll make it this year though.

Explain this to me I havent seen any advertisments for a Hockey Fest.

Each season, the Blue Jackets Foundation teams up with the Jackets players, wives, coaches, and broadcasters to host the Hockey Fest Carnival and Auction - a day long extravaganza throughout nationwide Arena of games, autograph sessions, locker room tours, interactive photo stations, auction, and more to benefit the Foundation’s mission.

http://www.bluejacketsfoundation.org/fundraisers-and-events/Fundraisers/Hockey-Fest.aspx