5.3 blazer

Reed44

I am about to head up to toledo tomorrow and trade my mustang for a 98 blazer with 7inch lift, and a 5.3 swap in it. Its still fuel injected and looks to be done pretty good from the pictures but the guy said the check engine light is on and he thinks its from not having o2 sensors. If so how hard would it be to get it back to right so everything functions correctly? Also the A/C is not hooked up. Would I need to have special lines made to get this to work also?

I would recommend having the guy get the code scanned so you can see what you are dealing with before you go up there. If it has a lot of codes, it could be a headache. On the flip side, if it only has one or two, it still may not be a walk in the park as different tuning software can shut codes off that should have possibly been kept.

Did he give you a reason why the ac was never installed?

Are they using the computer from the 99?

I am going to bring up my scanner with me. He said it appears to have o2 sensors but no cats. I believe he is using the entire engine management system from the 99. How hard would it be to get the a/c lines to fit up and have it work?

Guest Removed

you cam make the lines that will be needed to make the a/c work. but you have to make sure the system is correct before you go about doing it..

and make sure you check the codes in it.

normally on stuff like that i take both half the the line and figure what fit where, and take them down and have them made together.

just make sure its no electrical hack.... nothing worse than fishing wires everywhere to get things working..

i think, if i recall, there are flexible ac lines somewhere?? ill see if i can remember what it was.. probably a good solution, otherwise the stock lines may be enough to customize, if theyre close. did they send pics or it all?

where could I have lins made if needed? if I got it all hooked up how do I know that it will turn on by the buttons on the inside. espically since a blazer is vacuum controlled. I can post pics if u guys want

Guest Removed
where could I have lins made if needed?

hey i dont give out all my tricks :o

i used to be able to get the the ends i needed, cut the hose to lenght and the make the hose. i may still have most of those tools around somewhere :D

Guest Removed

looks like a good start..that would be sick when done right.

find some sort of stock airbox to fit in there, or make the innner fender fit the stock airbox from the later truck

do it...we can fix it!

looks like a good start..that would be sick when done right.

find some sort of stock airbox to fit in there, or make the innner fender fit the stock airbox from the later truck

do it...we can fix it!

That right there is something im glad to hear. If I run into problems I know you guys can help. Im printing directions now and heading out in the morning.