CB Radios - specifically antennas....

spankis

So I'm wondering, are there any "hidden" or at least not horribly ugly cb antennas that work decently? I don't want to drill holes in the car, nor do I want a magnet-mount, and I don't want to waste my time with something that isn't going to give me reasonable reception.

I was considering using a glass-mount ( sends signal through the glass, antenna components on inside and outside, maybe 18" tall ) but I'm wondering how well they work. I have 35% tint that I would likely cut a hole the size of the antenna base into before installation, so I want some advice before I take that plunge. A completely hidden antenna like those found on newer cars would be awesome, but I've yet to find much information on a product like that, and I fear that it would likely be pricey anyway. Also are boosters effective if using a relatively small-masted antenna?

Anybody have any suggestions or firsthand experience? I'm sure there are some cb/scanner enthusiasts on here. I am by no means one of them, but I'd like to learn a little more before buying something that doesn't work or I don't need. Thanks in advance, -Scott.

Off-Road forums are great for CB info. A good place to fine parts for CB set ups is actually at truck stops along the highway. Normally there is even CB radio repair shops around them where you can get some great deals on equipment. I know there is one somewhere off 70, east of Columbus in Licking county, but I can't remember which exit it is at.

Oh yeah and like KillJoy said, the shorter the antenna, the shorter your range will be.