Tax Refund / More "Free" Money From The Gov't?

KillJoy

I heard on the National CBS News this morning, that Singles are getting a $400 Refund, and Couples a $800 Refund.

Is this gonna be like the Stimulus Check from last year, and they just renamed it?

I also heard that the $1 Trillion would break down to $32,000 for every Man, Woman and Child in the US. That is a lot is $$$.

KillJoy

If if does happen, I will apply our's to the CC as well, if it still has a Balance by then.

It is not expected until Spring / Summer.

KillJoy

Basically mine will just be paying for my body work to the DD. Now realizing that... I'm not nearly as excited about it. :(

I heard on the National CBS News this morning, that Singles are getting a $400 Refund, and Couples a $800 Refund.

Is this gonna be like the Stimulus Check from last year, and they just renamed it?

I also heard that the $1 Trillion would break down to $32,000 for every Man, Woman and Child in the US. That is a lot is $$$.

KillJoy

Not exactly, with 300 million people in the US, isnt that only like $3k each. And then if you count children I think itd be even less. Still, thats a lot of money for every person.

In Taiwan they did a stimulus package, everybody got $100. Everybody, citizen or not, child or adult, it didn't matter, if you were in the country you got $100.

Not exactly, with 300 million people in the US, isnt that only like $3k each. And then if you count children I think itd be even

Truth. I believe there are about 130million taxpayers.

If we already filed our taxes for the year, any idea what happens? Do we file a change thing? Or do we apply it next year?

If we already filed our taxes for the year, any idea what happens? Do we file a change thing? Or do we apply it next year?

As I said before, it's not a refund, it's a tax credit. Here is an article where it's mentioned. It would be for 2009 and 2010, so the taxes you just did would not be effected.

"Many people paying for college would get a $2,500 tax credit for tuition and other education-related expenses, such as books and computers."

That's a hefty little credit, keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, if you are in college and the loans are in your name, but you are still claimed as a dependent by your parent, are you entitled to the $400? I filed as a single person but I am claimed by my parents so I don't know how that all works.

"Many people paying for college would get a $2,500 tax credit for tuition and other education-related expenses, such as books and computers."

That's a hefty little credit, keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, if you are in college and the loans are in your name, but you are still claimed as a dependent by your parent, are you entitled to the $400? I filed as a single person but I am claimed by my parents so I don't know how that all works.

no you wont get shit :(

thats the situation i was in last year.. this year i should be gettin 400 bucks!.. the college 2500 credit you probably already have to be on gov grants and stuff..not just loans. and if your still a dependant you probably def wont see the 2500

I read that it will be inserted over a period of time in your pay check. You won't be getting a check for $400 this time

+1. I believe tax tables are going to be redone (thus withholding tables redone), and we will be getting about $13/week less withheld for the rest of this year... and come next tax season, we will owe $400 less, but it will already be written into the tax tables, it won't be something we have to claim. At least, I think this is the way it will be done.

+1. I believe tax tables are going to be redone (thus withholding tables redone), and we will be getting about $13/week less withheld for the rest of this year... and come next tax season, we will owe $400 less, but it will already be written into the tax tables, it won't be something we have to claim. At least, I think this is the way it will be done.

QFT

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96A51G80&show_article=1

13 bucks a week...wow.

And the awesome part is, the more the politicians think they need to unfuck it, the more fucked it becomes. So much fun!

i·ro·ny

Irony -Based on using words to suggest the opposite of their literal meaning.

It's becasue of "poltics" that were fucked! When will the cycle stop!?