MAF voltage

Reed44

I got that blazer with the 5.3 and 7 inch lift some of you may know i was trading my mustang for. the only code i pulled off of it was maf has low voltage. do i just need to clean it or do i need a new one?

Guest Removed

you can try cleaning it. but best to check the signal before and after. if there is a change, then yeah.

but there could be other thing causing that code to , like a vacuum leak, or having the wrong airflow across it like with the funky filter thing they have on it. pull it out and check and see if its all fuzzy along the wire..

Guest Removed
I would like to see pics of this swap. I have access to an insanely cheap 97 Blazer that has a mint body but 200k on the drivetrain.

they are up on here somewhere :confused:

search...lol:p

opps

Heres the link for the forsale ad- http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/1026122637.html http://i40.tinypic.com/j8yycj.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/24e7r7p.jpg

btw i think that bottom pic explains why your check engine light is on

Im going to keep some more pics this weekend then I was gonna make a thread about it. Just wanted to figure out about the maf. thankfully thats the only code that came up. All it needs is that fixed and the usuall chevy front end parts. I all ready got those ordered off ebay though.

the ball joints I got have a moog part number so I believe they are moog. I have to check on the wheel bearings though.. as for the intake I will probablly hit advanced and see what they have then and yes there is a maf on it and it was actually unpluged when I looked at it when I checked out the code and cleared it but it came back on.

Guest Removed
the ball joints I got have a moog part number so I believe they are moog. I have to check on the wheel bearings though.. as for the intake I will probablly hit advanced and see what they have then and yes there is a maf on it and it was actually unpluged when I looked at it when I checked out the code and cleared it but it came back on.

make sure its the right maf for the truck the motor came out of. and the air leak at that rubber boot where the clamp is (look at the pic) im sure dont help either:D

Guest Removed
well hell I didn't know. I was assuming brake parts cleaner or something. your the one who asked if it had a maf when my whole question is about the maf on it.

never use brake parts cleaner. that shit leave a film on the hot wire= not good.

i normally blow them clean with air if there is a bunch of fuzzy shit all over it. but if the wire looks black, its more the likely burnt. let alone, when that wire heats up,shit can go bang if flamable shit is in there

google mass air flow sensor cleaning.:p

well hell I didn't know. I was assuming brake parts cleaner or something. your the one who asked if it had a maf when my whole question is about the maf on it.

I wasn't sure, you were asking about the code. When talking to people about cars you learn not to assume anything.

Guest Removed

http://www.autobarn.net/maairflsecl1.html?site=google_base just like air in a can...

I wasn't sure, you were asking about the code. When talking to people about cars you learn not to assume anything.

but which maf code? i think there are 3 different ones

assume = ASS out of U and ME nothing or everything

http://www.autobarn.net/maairflsecl1.html?site=google_base just like air in a can...

but which maf code? i think there are 3 different ones

assume = ASS out of U and ME nothing or everything

I have some of that MAF cleaner shit, it works fine, available at most auto parts stores.

and his first post was about the code for low voltage from MAF:confused:

Guest Removed
I have some of that MAF cleaner shit, it works fine, available at most auto parts stores.

and his first post was about the code for low voltage from MAF:confused:

which means it is seeing a lower then normal signal, like it has a air leak after the maf. but then it was unhooked so who knows.but if it was unhooked, it should have kicked the circuit integrity code. like circuit open. i am assuming that it could be any of them, cause some of the cheap code scanners dont read codes like they should.and he never did post the exact code he got.

I always used regular spray contact cleaner (I think it's alcohol mainly) to clean MAFs. If you don't find the specific MAF cleaner stuff it seems to work well.

JEGS has the Spectre modular intake stuff too if you don't find it elsewhere.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Spectre/769283/10002/-1

well I scanned it tonight and got some different codes. no maf code but I got these. po134-o2 sensor ckt no activity bank 1 sensor 1, po135- o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1 and it also showed a symbol that looked like a p and b on top of each other, po160- o2 sensor ckt no activity bank 2 sensor 2 and I got that code twice.

Guest Removed

are the o2's plugged in?

there is where a good scan tool comes into play so you can look at the data stream and see whats going on.

who knows the o2's could be dead from them running race gas in the mud...lol

Guest Removed
they are all plugged in. maybe I will take it to work tomorrow and hook the lab scope up to it. would no activity mean bad o2 sensors?

well it means they are not moving. not producing a waveform. either stuck high,low, or in the middle. if they are stuck lean, force it rich and see if they respond. if not the o2's could be bad, or faultly wiring. or its a big vacuum leak making they stay rich. so hard to tell really with out testing some things.

Hopefully they just need replaced and its not a wiring issue. It has a hesitation 1/4-1/2 throttle but idle and WOT are fine. Hopefully the tech at grismer will let me use his lab scope and scanner tomorrow.