Which diesel truck?

byhi

It's going to be my DD and I plan on hauling some trailers and mabye a boat. Nothing too crazy. Both trucks can easily handle what I need to do with them. Im looking at around 2003-2006 ish. Nothing too old, I like the newer interiors of both trucks and the body styles of both in those years. I'll probably get the extended cab with the little back doors (not the suicide doors) and short bed.

Also, the wifey is really lovin the Dodge so that's come to the top of the list b/c she will be driving it also. She has a g35 coupe so I wouldn't be too unhappy about swapping with her sometimes.

I probably won't be too much modifying of the truck, most likely just a couple small bolt ons. I hope that answers some things.

It's going to be my DD and I plan on hauling some trailers and mabye a boat. Nothing too crazy. Both trucks can easily handle what I need to do with them. Im looking at around 2003-2006 ish. Nothing too old, I like the newer interiors of both trucks and the body styles of both in those years. I'll probably get the extended cab with the little back doors (not the suicide doors) and short bed.

Also, the wifey is really lovin the Dodge so that's come to the top of the list b/c she will be driving it also. She has a g35 coupe so I wouldn't be too unhappy about swapping with her sometimes.

I probably won't be too much modifying of the truck, most likely just a couple small bolt ons. I hope that answers some things.

That leaves it kinda open ended, but you won't feel butt hurt by the stealership if you buy either a Dodge or GM built diesel. Either way, a nice turbo back exhaust, intake and programmer should help the milage. Especially if this is going to be a daily driven rig. And you also meant to say you want a CREW cab with 4 full doors. Dodge calls it a quad cab, but never the less I'm assuming you would like 4 full sized doors. Example

http://pictures.dealer.com/allensamuelscdhtyler/071c7d017f0000010076e1db78ae4a9d.jpg

I bought a Cummins last spring, I love the motor more and more everyday from the sound to the power, at that I do not like the truck.... but I feel the 3rd gen's (03 and up) were made stronger. There is no such thing as a perfect world, if so the ford w/ with the cummins and the ally tranny would be it. With the 6 cyl. the sky is really the limit with power and they get better fuel mileage. I've heard of 20mpg and I've seen it, but thats driving like a baby. The ford 6.0l had bad head stud problems and the Cummins had bad fuel pump problems. You'll be happy with the Cummins but I can't promise anything on the Dodge. Plus the Cummins usually has better resale, and the motor is like a mini semi motor.

Duramax trucks are beasts, at the track, truck pulls, whatever they out perform. The Cummins is right behind and will last for forever. I work construction we have over a dozen ford power stroke trucks, and there is no way I'd go with the 6.0 the 7.3 out pulls it any day. We bought 5 or 6 6.0s and in less than 2 years the transmissions slipped in all of them, the 7.3 lasts. I'd go with an older 95 96 Ford before I would a newer one but the interiors suck and their isn't much room. If I had to do over I'd get a mega cab they are bad ass.

Duramax trucks are beasts, at the track, truck pulls, whatever they out perform. The Cummins is right behind and will last for forever. I work construction we have over a dozen ford power stroke trucks, and there is no way I'd go with the 6.0 the 7.3 out pulls it any day. We bought 5 or 6 6.0s and in less than 2 years the transmissions slipped in all of them, the 7.3 lasts. I'd go with an older 95 96 Ford before I would a newer one but the interiors suck and their isn't much room. If I had to do over I'd get a mega cab they are bad ass.

Well said. And like I said Duramax.