Any Thoughts/Comments on Honda S2000???

Rustlestiltskin

I have a miata that is setup pretty darn well suspension-wise, and driving my brother's s2k blows it out of the water (although I would never tell him that, haha). I have never driven any other car that feels like it. I know it sounds cliche, but you really feel connected with the road. The car just communicates through the steering wheel every single thing that is going on. It is truly a driver's car.

As far as people ragging on the torque... it certainly doesn't blow the tires off at 3k rpm, but I never felt like it was really underpowered by any means during daily driving. I know, people are thinking "but you drive a miata, what do you know about any power." For comparison's sake, I recently test drove an 06 civic si, and felt like it was really bad at low rpm, so I do know what a honda engine feels like when it is lagging. Also, my DD is a 1.8T jetta, which has no topend, but has adequate low end for me to compare the s2k to. Like I said, city driving in the s2k is perfectly comfortable, with no need to wind it out.

With my love fest over... if you want a year round DD, I don't think this is your car. It has decent creature comforts, but in my opinion, is just a little too "raw" for a DD. Of course this differs from person to person, but I think the s2k is a PERFECT second car. However, I would get a little tired of it if I had to drive it a decent distance every day.