"Rednecks"

SPLN SUX

So i was playing a good game of hold'em on UB and this dumb bitch at the table called redneckTina or something of that nature starts rattling on about how shes proud to be a redneck. So i ask... "do you even know what a redneck is?" She says yes and starts going on about how it means you're a southerner and you're proud of your heritage blah blah blah... so i say, uh, fucking no. the term redneck came about when a rebel force within the confederate army began to attack small but key targets in the deep south. The unit all wore red bandannas around their necks thus the term redneck. She says, i know, i have rebel flags and stuff... its heritage. I said, so wait a minute... "rebel flags"? So you're a Yankee now? only the Yankees called it a "Rebel" flag... Of course she says no shes not a Yankee blah blah blah. So i say, "So what you're saying is, you have confederate flags, and bare them proudly, but also proudly state that you are in alliance with a band of traders within the confederacy who's mission was to sabotage its own army?

Obviously at this point she knows shes a fucking moron.

So seriously... wtf is wrong with people who are all hard core "the civil war isnt over" and "the south still fucking rules"? Do they run around all day and not even bother to know what they are trying to be so proud about? I honestly don't care if someone has a confederate flag on the back window of their 87 IROC Camaro w/ only 3 rally wheels, sun faded head lamps, and rust on the bottom of the doors... but seriously, at least have the respect of the people who actually fought in the war that killed more Americans than any other war in history, to know wtf you're talking about.

I also want to note the History Channel rules.

History Channel is the fucking win. Come back to Ohio for beers and stuff.

IIRC one of my ancestors was a real redneck, not positive though.

I found an photo from your ancestors online. :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/HatfieldClan.jpg/400px-HatfieldClan.jpg

History Channel is the fucking win. Come back to Ohio for beers and stuff.

IIRC one of my ancestors was a real redneck, not positive though.

Im flying into Cincinnati on Apr 29th to visit my parents and run in the Flying Pig Marathon. Ill be around until the 3rd, but I dont think im going to rent a car so i dont know if im going to make it up to Columbus.