Need help with amp repair

Primera

I've got two Infinity Basslink subs (enclosed powered sub setup) that have both kicked the bucket. I had them in my car for about 1-2 years each and they both stopped working in the same manner. Right before one would go out, it would cut out every once in a while and come back on. Also sometimes there would be a loud pop kind of hit that would come out of it, no matter what volume I had the stereo on.

Basically, power is going to them but nothing is coming out. I've re-checked all the connections multiple times (even tried them in another car w/ a similar set up) and nothing. I know the subs themselves are fine, I'm assuming it's something wrong with the internal amp.

I went to a shop that was going to charge almost as much as I bought them for to diagnose and repair them. Anyone here know anything about repairing something like this?

Fuses? Disconnect/ reconnect all wiring. Check the ground?

Is your amp on protection mode?

My amp just cut out last night, and all it took was disconnecting/ reconnecting all wires.

Checked the fuses, ground is good. I'll try reconnecting everything and see how that goes

basslinks are great subs, they just tend to go bad after a year or so... i doubt the OP has anything wired wrong... especially if he tried it in another car with a similar setup and got nothing

infinity will repair them for a fee... the last person i know who sent one in ended up with a faulty referb back... they then sent a new one to apologize

End up getting it fixed or still having problems with it?

Well, I disconnected everything and reconnected it and it actually worked...for a day. I got in my car the next day and it hasn't worked since, after trying the same process. I give up. I'm taking them apart tonight

did you measure the impedance of the subs with a meter? you could have a blown or smoked voice coil in the woofer, that is the problem most of the time. if it comes up with basically no reading, then they blew.

No I didn't check that. I actually took the lazy way out last night and swapped the amps around on each sub and tried both out. Now one of the subs is working, at least for right now. If it goes out, I give up.