Service tech guys!

Jizzle Juice

that will do, just remember craftsman screwdrivers aren't worth a fuck! so if you can swing the money/payments get snap-on screwdrivers

That could be a possibility i dont see why not

why buy it twice? i have craftsman in my box, they warranty it just like the rest of them do.

I want meaning buy them twice i was just saying start out with those and if they hold up continue buying them and if not buy another brand

Not cool by me , buy fucking kobalt man you can turn anything in if it breaks and its made by snap on . and there is a god dam lowes on every corner. No hassle returns. And in 6 years I have only had 2. 1 was hammering a kobalt universal joint with a matco 1/2 (but wasnt the first time it saw that action) :lol:

Before they broke did they last awhile or were they short lived?

Check craigs list... There are some people hurting for money. You could get the basics for a fraction of the cost. Now the most important part, if anything breaks replace it with a high quality tool (snap on, mac, matco).

Craigslist sounds like a good deal and the whole breaking and replacing thats what i was thinking about doing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
Check craigs list... There are some people hurting for money. You could get the basics for a fraction of the cost. Now the most important part, if anything breaks replace it with a high quality tool (snap on, mac, matco).

BS

asking millions for junk...http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62123

a few on CL act as if there craftsman stuff is gold!

they don't check sound levels and there are a few louder than yours.

its not going to hurt anything in the engine, its easier on the drive train than drag racing is.

hmmm might have to look into this now, I thought in the rule book there was a sound level violation check because of the residential area's near by

Guest Removed

Craigslist sounds like a good deal and the whole breaking and replacing thats what i was thinking about doing

i have a box of misc tools sitting here i could cut you a deal on just to get them out of here!..it would be better then nothing..and ill even throw in more shit just for you :D

Guest 614Streets

Before they broke did they last awhile or were they short lived?

I broke one 3/8 rachet and one 3/8 u joint , they lasted a long time and I was putting them through torture when i was at mph doing a gazillion brake jobs. I am talking kobalt for boxes and hand tools like rachets and sockets , outside of that especially impacts you have to step up to snap on or mac/matco/cornwell.

Snap on screw drivers are great.

hmmm might have to look into this now, I thought in the rule book there was a sound level violation check because of the residential area's near by

yea theres a crx that would put u to shame in the loud catagory. craig even if that sound is true they hold one at trails an trails u can drag so ur fine. ull still be slow

Guest Removed
just talkin shit :p oh and brandon the tool trucks also sell used/repo tools for less

complete box with tools for 1500-3500 and on....depending on what they have.

good reason to start a account..

Never knew that thanx

Cool

And paul stay out unless you have an input that actually helps my cause :D

don't forget a good set of 3/8 impact swivel sockets(snap-on or matco have the best) very expensive but YOU'LL need them to pull YOUR transmission out :p

don't forget a good set of 3/8 impact swivel sockets(snap-on or matco have the best) very expensive but YOU'LL need them to pull YOUR transmission out :p

:lol: ok ok will get them so YOU can fix it since ive never done it before. Oh and would you be doing this at your place?

:lol: ok ok will get them so YOU can fix it since ive never done it before. Oh and would you be doing this at your place?

you pull the transmission out and bring it to me, I'll rebuild it at the shop, they wont let me pull your car in and do it that way, long story matt did a water pump side job for 1 of his friends, told him the timing belt needed replaced asap, kid refused the timing belt, he was driving up north somewhere and the belt broke it did a lot of other damage to the cylinder head, valves and pistons, kid bitched to his dad, his dad got involved and tried to sue the dealership after that shit storm cleared the new rule came into effect :mad: fucking idiots

Ok so im starting my new job and i need to know what tools are in your guys' toolboxes that are used to do the following jobs:

Brakes

Suspension

Alignments

Timing belts

A/C

Charging systems

Exhaust/Mufflers

You know service work

And i know how to do all the things so no shitting in this thread please i just need to know from guys who have more experience than me. I worked at honda and did all of the above but im really good friends with one or few of the techs and they let me use there tools. So if anyone could give me a "list" or any input on what to get id be very grateful and thanks ahead of time for all the help i receive

where are you going to be working?

if you have the basics covered sockets wrenches screwdrivers impact tools just see what the other people you work with use and start making a list everytime you borrow something write it down then when you have money or feel like going into debt buy stuff and cross it off

hth

where are you going to be working?

if you have the basics covered sockets wrenches screwdrivers impact tools just see what the other people you work with use and start making a list everytime you borrow something write it down then when you have money or feel like going into debt buy stuff and cross it off

hth

Midas

And that is a great idea and yes i have basics