Where to find 2 gauge wire locally

Cereal_Killer

Does anyone know of any places that sell 2 gauge wire by the foot? I have checked with all the normal automotive shops in the past and ended up having to order it off the internet. I'm having electrical problems with the S10 and I need a 5 foot piece and I'd like to get it taken care of tomorrow, not a week from now when some place on the internet finally ships my order.

Would it be worth it to call around to audio shops tomorrow, I've never tried looking there.

Thanks

Ok just got off the phone with the Napa warehouse, they have 0 and 2 gauge but only sell by the spool. Most of the audio shops sell it but only 0 gauge looks like I'm going to have huge wires. Thanks guys.

I just called Andersons, they carry home electrical wire that's the same size as 2AWG but the strands are alot thicker and its not very flexible, its $2 cheaper per foot than anywhere else though.

I just called Andersons, they carry home electrical wire that's the same size as 2AWG but the strands are alot thicker and its not very flexible, its $2 cheaper per foot than anywhere else though.

DO NOT USE HOME WIRING FOR AN AUTOMOBILE!

:eek:

KillJoy

Guest Removed
Find a welding supply store in Columbus, they will have the welding cable that is super flexible.

I think even tractor supply company sells it by the foot also

plus one on using welding cable

jegs use to sell cable by the foot. you have to go or call 11th and find out.

Whats the price per foot?

$3.50 a foot. We normally only sell in rolls of 25' and it is around $7 a foot, but I have a roll that only has about 10 feet on it that we can sell off of. If you call in ask for Scott or myself and we will get you taken care off.

You probably got the wrong dept. as they carry automotive power wire as well. That's where I purchased all of the wiring for my Avalanche (though I just went with 4awg for that). I surely wouldn't put home stuff in your vehicle.