Justice?

El Karacho1647545492

Do you think this is justice?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/pennsylvania.corrupt.judges/index.html

Cliffs for those too lazy:

1) 2 PA Luzerne County judges, elected by the public, confess to taking kickbacks totalling $2.6million from private juvenile detention and behavioral correction camps for increasing headcounts. First one has been accused of misdeeds before

2) Kids were sentenced for "crimes" as petty as mocking an asst. principal on a myspace page, stealing coins out of unlocked cars. These crimes, committed by first-time offenders, male and female in their low teens, received several months in wilderness camps or detention facilities.

3) Judges that confessed were given 87 months in prison.

4) ??

5) no profit

So my thought here is WHY THE FUCKING LENIENCY ON THE JUDGES???? These guys, supposedly the most trustworthy and powerful men in the government, entrusted with doling out fair justice to criminals, abuse the highest position the law affords them (in their county) and they get 87 months? These fuckers should serve every single minute they sentenced any kid to time in shackles or time away from their family.

7+ years is a long time. IMO, the goal is to wreck their professional careers and give them some payback for their actions. Long story short, their lives will never be the same and they will forever remember the time they spend out of society and the reasons why.

I hear what you're saying in terms of keeping them in their longer, but sometimes just taking away what someone has, especially what they have accumulated over the years, is more than enough. It's better to let them suffer both in prision and once they get out. The latter isn't going to be easy at all and in some ways is the punishment I can't wait to hear about.

Sort of like off-ing someone right away with one carefully targeted bullet or letting them bleed out. Each can be appropriate but more so in particular cases.

I vote good punishment.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Guest 614Streets

No more religion no more morals and rights. Sorry?

I think what its coming to is survival of the fittest.

Its been know for a long ass time that when a man or woman has nothing they have everything?

Who got hung he wasn't no god , just another dude.

Anyways staying on topic , not good , not good.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/173276632_33635e2f20.jpg

this is for HAL

Guest 614Streets
7+ years is a long time. IMO, the goal is to wreck their professional careers and give them some payback for their actions. Long story short, their lives will never be the same and they will forever remember the time they spend out of society and the reasons why.

I hear what you're saying in terms of keeping them in their longer, but sometimes just taking away what someone has, especially what they have accumulated over the years, is more than enough. It's better to let them suffer both in prision and once they get out. The latter isn't going to be easy at all and in some ways is the punishment I can't wait to hear about.

Sort of like off-ing someone right away with one swift bullet or letting them bleed out. Each can be appropriate but more so in particular cases.

I vote good punishment.

I agree at least nobody was killed.

7 years is a very long time. Though maybe stiffer penalties, as a rule of thumb for people in positions of power would discourage the backhanded fuckery. Corrupt politicians in particular should be ousted and probably killed.

If you take a position of authority and power, particularly one where you are making judgement calls regarding the lives and justice of others, and then you abuse that position and power....

Cops and judges especially should be run through the ringer PUBLICLY for any offense. Anyone who accepts this responsibility and then betrays that position of trust can not be punished harshly enough, both on a personal level and as an example to future assholes.

And since it seems that honest law enforcement and judges are the exception, not the rule... (I know and have known plenty of LE, and yes, I know a few are on here, even graduated from OPOTA myself...) I think a few examples illustrating how government works for the people and not the other way around would be a good thing.

I have your "professional courtesy" right here, bitch. What you mean to say is that you think it is OK for you and your pig buddies to drink and drive, but tomorrow you can take your hangover out on everyone driving 70 in a 65..... Damnit I fucking hate the world....

Why is it that most people are like Slinkys? Totally fucking useless except as amusement when pushed down a flight of stairs...

/insane rant