3420lbs

MrMeanGreen

3/4 tank of gas, weighed last fall.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/album.php?albumid=217&pictureid=1369

So how is Gillbot's Z28 that much heavier? So how does douchebag "yellowsnake" claim GM is wrong? I dunno, but here's the proof. I also had one done a year before when a bunch of CR people cruised to Flying J and did it, and the weght plates said 2000lbs for the front half, 1420lbs for the rear half.

The only things removed from the car as stock were the emissions, jack/spare, and front bumper foam for the FMIC. I've added sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, all the supercharger parts (plus piping, FMIC, etc.). I also run duals versus the cat-back system.

Formulas were always known as the lightest of the V8 F-Bodies, so there we go.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my p3n0r weighs 5000lbs.

Cobra Kevin weighed his with us and that pig weighed 3700+ lbs. Must be the IRS thing.

I want to weigh mine with some of the weight reduction I've done.

PS. You go the zeros on the wrong side of the five there. .0005lbs.

Guest Removed

a truck stop scale is not accurate with anything under 10,000 pounds. granted its close, but not totally on the money

only way to know what it truely weighs is with a set or 4 corner scales!

Guest Removed
I weighed my car at COSI last year and it was 3200 on the dot. Got in and it weighed 3360 so it must be correct.

somedays that hting worked...some it was way off.

in no way did my ex-wife's civic weigh 3400 with no one in it

Guest Removed
I guess it worked cause I weigh 160 and it was spot on :D

i jumped in her car and it added 140 too, but the car showed 248 lbs heavyer then what it was on corner scales? :confused:

you can get a good idea of what something weigh's , but not accurate down to a 1/2 pound like corner scales are.

I never saw any type of disclaimer that it's not accurate under 10k lbs. Not to mention the military requires you weight your moving truck before and after you load it so they know how much to reimburse you for moving expenses. My first move was one of those small trucks and maybe a room full of shit and it was like 7000lbs total. They require you to use certified truck scales.

Anyways. Yes Tyler, I used drive-thru truck scales.

considering how many loads are hauled that are very close to the state weight limit, those scales have to be accurate(oh trust me, i know all about sitting at a scale when your over). both truck scales and corner scales use load sensors(metal blocks that send a voltage that changes when they compress due to weight being added) to determine the weight of something, so i doubt they are really much different in accuracy. the software used with corner scales just reports weight to a finer degree than what is used with truck scales. truck scales, and im sure corner scales, do need periodical calibration though, so that could explain any false readings.