fuel door

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok well this may sound like a stupid question...but has anyone installed a fuel door on a 97-03 f150? i cant make it work... i bought an oem aluminum fuel door since i didnt want to pay for paint (the old one that was on it was broken, so i needed a new one)...and this fuel door is for 99-04 mustangs, 2000-2005 focus, and 97-03 f150s

nothing ligns up and theres no where to screw stuff in etc... i have no idea what is going on...ive even checked the part number a few times to make sure its the right one and it is m-2301-e .... anyone done this before? it doesnt mount up like the one i took off did, the old one was some cheap chinese knockoff

i even have the instructions for this fuel door, and i followed the model for the f150 and it makes no sense... wtf? i tried setting it up the same as their pics, and it doesnt sit against anything etc...

http://www.solidbydesign.com/sbd/docs/10-1066LG-10.pdf

ok and i just noticed on the online instructions it says excludes supercrew....i guess maybe that is the problem... it didnt say that on the websites or anything when i bought it...

is there no way to make this work? how would i go about finding a fuel door? it looks like shit with a big hole in it

Guest tbutera2112

i know i have the wrong one...i called a dealership and theyre trying to tell me that theres no difference in fuel doors... wtf... i dont care if its black, aluminum, oem, chinese, i want a fuel door... this one will not work rob, guaranteed 100%...

does anyone here know where i can get a fuel door or work at a dealership and can look it up?

its a 2002 harley f150, 4 door...

Guest tbutera2112
i called ricart and those guys are idiots and couldnt find the right shit because they said $20 and was the same for all 2000-2003 f150, regardless of trim.... called krieger and they told me it would cost $140 for a new one...fuck them both...anyone know where i can find an aluminum one?

Guest tbutera2112

keim is saying the same stuff as ricart...im about to just drive it there since nobody even knows wtf im talking about and tell them to fix it... probably cost me half the cost of the truck by the time i get outta the dealership

heres the part number they gave me

8L1ZS99405A26A

Guest tbutera2112

yea they did...

oh and i got the door to work, so i guess this can be closed

used the spacer off the old fuel door, replaced the clips on the new one with basic nuts to hold the pieces in...grinded the nuts off once they were attached (left a few threads of course, so they still work) so that it set flush, then got 2 extra nuts from lowes and used those to attach it.... it looks like it was made for the truck lol... sucks i had to grind on such an expensive piece, just to make it work...oh well though

mods can delete/lock thread

Not tryna thread jack but they gave you a part number? Asshole's well not ford but when i was looking for a part for my T/A Every GM dealer said they couldnt give me a part number.

Not tryna thread jack or get of topic!

you called me?:p

Guest Removed
Not tryna thread jack but they gave you a part number? Asshole's well not ford but when i was looking for a part for my T/A Every GM dealer said they couldnt give me a part number.

Not tryna thread jack or get of topic!

they always give me the part #.:confused:

Guest tbutera2112
pics or it didnt happen

i would get pics but that would require me to remove the fuel door again lol.. its only bolted on by 2 bolts, but they got rounded when i was tightening them because theyre cheap