Need Auto Trans Rebuilt

Fubar231

Its coming out of my 89 supra turbo. Its a A340E trans. Here is the rebuild kit i purchased.

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/inventory.cgi?action=description&item_id=ZBTnYNU4OohHJlJhpjNh6f1JwWJtiW

Let me know if you can do it, when, and what you will charge. Need it done asap, and i can bring it to you.

Email me at SevereSarz@gmail.com, or shoot me a PM on here.

I think 614Streets was running a deal on transmission installs a while ago, don't know about rebuilds though. I'd pm him.

I'll probably need to do something about the transmission in my dakota here soon...it's getting noisy and a little unwilling to kick down.

I had it rebuilt about 8 months ago, and when it was rebuilt then it had a new torque convertor, and about a new everything else too. This list is huge, im pretty sure i either stretched the bands or blew out the clutch packs. The car engages in every thing, Rev, Drive, L 2 etc. Rev is blown out, and 3rd/4th slips or something weird.

They engage , but there way off. Like if u can get it to grab the rpms are way higher than what they should be for my speed. I really havnt got it into 4th since the problem. and its only poped into 3rd a few times. But when it does the rpms are way higher than they should be for the speed im going. i cant explain much more than that without a video or you simply taking a test drive

Guest Removed

and reverse engages but wont move?

fluid burnt? or smell burnt?

edit i keep running the flow chart for the symptoms

this is what it could be

valve body faulty or primary regulator faulty

solenoid faulty

electronic control faulty

transmission faulty

you didnt get this car off a guy named eddie did you?

I don't remember the guys name i got the car off of. I don't think its any of the electronics cause third went out or started slipping when i was doin a 3rd gear wot pull on the highway...

EDIT: Thats the second time ive heard (You havnt got this car off eddie did you?) type of words. Why? What did eddie do...

Guest Removed

lives out off alkire rd. tall, skinny dark hair.

cause he had a auto car, he couldnt keep trans in, or his ideal of a built motor.

car was a n/a and he converted it, caught it on fire, etc etc. he got ride of it(some ugly orangeish color) and found a manual car finally.

Well, if you can't find anyone here and you can get it to Dayton (his brother may still offer towing), another buddy of mine named Shane could probably do it for you. We did mine at his shop. He eats, shits and sleeps MKIII's. He's also familiar with the Supraforum write up and how to make an a340 last, etc. and the steps to do it.