back in action

AJ

well the vette has been down for almost the last 3 weeks do some part issues we had. tore it down and replaced alot of parts.

• rings
  • cam, rod, main bearings
  • stage 2 livernois heads and push rods
  • powerbond underdrive pulley
  • LS2 timing chain
  • injectors
  • cam
  • ARP rod bolts

i think thats about all. when i talked to Katech they recommend there torquer cam, i think they got confused when i told them it was a C5Z because they said they had big power gains with it. (yeah they did on the C6Z since they are different cams with the same name) and then i didn't check to see if it was the right one that i wanted.

cam specs. .551 Int. .547 Ex. 204/218 duration with 112 lobe sep. (i wanted in the 234ish range for the duration)

for what i need the torque curve is most important, this is also through a stock intake and throttle body and stock air bridge.

max hp 393.64 max tq. 396.82 my goal was 410 but since i messed up with this cam its close enough.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/AJMeade02Z06.jpg

really want to thank the guys at IPS for dealing with all my phone calls and getting everything taken care of quickly for me. i think i about drove brandon nuts with the 3 or 4 calls a day i was calling for something.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
does it look like the one in my sig? yeah it was me you saw today going over to drop the car at IPS.

thats not where i seen it:confused:

it was just sitting in a driveway in my hood, next to white 3000gt..

not but 30 minutes or so ago:confused:

Why not get the Cam you want, and sell the incorrect one?

Nice numbers either way...

:thumbup:

KillJoy

the engine was back in the car and i was sitting at home and it just poped in my head that i had the wrong cam. it wasn't worth taking it all back out for just a few horse, if i don't like it after this year then i'll change it next year.

thats not where i seen it:confused:

it was just sitting in a driveway in my hood, next to white 3000gt..

not but 30 minutes or so ago:confused:

this would be news to me if its my car. there is a black one in the area with Z OOH 6. mine is Z OHH 6

Nice AJ. Should make for even more fun at the track and Auto-X. Probably a better choice for an Auto-X cam to keep low end power for the slow stuff right?

Andy

yeah that was my goal, but i also have a good bit up top for road tracks.

Guest Removed
this would be news to me if its my car. there is a black one in the area with Z OOH 6. mine is Z OHH 6

no, red....same wheels..... i knew i should have took a pic with my crappy camera phone. where was the car in the last hour? or is it still suppose to be at ips :confused:

Guest Removed
thats fine i trust them, maybe they didn't have room in the shop for it.

parked over a sidewalk is ideal then? it was parked behind a car in the driveway, also sitting next to a white 3000gt. and it had ips sticker in the back window..

anyone wanna buy some black z06 wheels?

ill sell them cheap!:p

parked over a sidewalk is ideal then? it was parked behind a car in the driveway, also sitting next to a white 3000gt. and it had ips sticker in the back window..

anyone wanna buy some black z06 wheels?

ill sell them cheap!:p

good thing i keep extras in stock then.:eek:

My wife got home first and parked the Audi in front of the garage so I didn't have time to pull it in right away. You couldn't fit a go-kart in the shop right now and since AJ couldn't make it down to pick it up today I figured I would put it in my garage for the night.

PS -- if you are going to come over for a set of wheels I would snag the SSR's off the 3000GT if you are looking to make a quick buck :)

Jeff

Guest Removed
My wife got home first and parked the Audi in front of the garage so I didn't have time to pull it in right away. You couldn't fit a go-kart in the shop right now and since AJ couldn't make it down to pick it up today I figured I would put it in my garage for the night.

PS -- if you are going to come over for a set of wheels I would snag the SSR's off the 3000GT if you are looking to make a quick buck :)

Jeff

figure that was you. now i know which house to egg :D

who said i was only getting the vette wheels? blocks and cordless impacts FTW