Dillon reloading equipment

KentStateTsi

How many people have experience with say the 450 or 550 model? A local gun shop is offering a setup that includes the base, press, powder tube, etc. Plus a free set of dies of your choice for $460. I have heard excellent reviews of the customer service. But I want something that won't require me to deal with customer service. I can easily go through 4-500 .223 rounds a weekend and PMC is $450 for a 1000 rd case now.

It's good shit. I started reloading last year and I do .45ACP and 5.56 mil-spec M193 on a Dillion XL650. I've done maybe 2000 rounds combined, and with effort could easily push out 500 an hour. Fear not, the things are build like tanks, but if you should break something, they will get it to you quickly. I lost a spring when cleaning mine (I am at least the 3rd owner mind you, I bought mine off of AR15.com) and I called and had 3 replacement springs at my door in 3 days free of charge. Dillion is expensive, but in my opinion worth it. Just remember that you can use any kind of standard dies with the toolheads, but I have found that I like my Dillion dies best. YMMV