Ground Zero

ImUrOBGYN

I've decided to go with a nuclear theme in this thread. Below, you will be able to see how far the radius of a nuke on, for example, Columbus, OH would reach. There are multiple bomb types to choose from, including one of the largest ever, Tsar Bomba.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

Below, is a video on the explosion of Tsar Bomba. Be sure to read the full description of the blast on the right for details regarding it's creation and strength, etc. Imagine all of Cbus burned clean off the map is seconds. I mean fucking clean. I mean really think about it. Go ahead. Do it. I'll wait. Watch the vid while you're at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxD44HO8dNQ&feature=related

Holy shit! Right? That's just an amazing amount of power. Even the Hiroshima bomb is like a firecracker compared to, well, a huge bomb.

And, I'll close this up with recommendation for an older movie that I know many people have never seen.

"Miracle Mile"

It's a suprisingly good movie about a guy who accidentally finds out we're about to engage in a nuclear war and it's a countdown to the end. I don't want to say anymore and ruin it for those who may wish to see it, still. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

Time for us to build our Vaults guys...

Somebody ring up Vault-tec, we can have a vault consisting of CR members and families.

Gotta make sure there's room for all of our cars..

And Gas....

And some heavy landmoving equipment and paving equipment, so we can rebuild the roads. :)

I'm thinking that is just the effects of the area considered "ground zero." That typically means anything within that area is incinerated or if its a very strong building its rendered completely useless.

I wonder if there's a site that can map out the total effect of a nuclear blast and maybe even a basic fall out range chart. That huge Russian nuclear bomb is still huge and that charts saying it would pretty much incinerate anything within 270. Thats about a 15mile area of nothing with a big crater in the middle and something like 900,000 people completely missing. Not even counting all the people without 60 miles which will likely get injured by the blast and/or burned to the point that they die shortly afterwards. Then thats still not even counting the people that die of radiation and the people who die from the fall out possibly months later.

I'm thinking that is just the effects of the area considered "ground zero." That typically means anything within that area is incinerated or if its a very strong building its rendered completely useless.

I wonder if there's a site that can map out the total effect of a nuclear blast and maybe even a basic fall out range chart. That huge Russian nuclear bomb is still huge and that charts saying it would pretty much incinerate anything within 270. Thats about a 15mile area of nothing with a big crater in the middle and something like 900,000 people completely missing. Not even counting all the people without 60 miles which will likely get injured by the blast and/or burned to the point that they die shortly afterwards. Then thats still not even counting the people that die of radiation and the people who die from the fall out possibly months later.

Yes. This man's starting to think big.