Nissan Vacuum line help

Prodeje79

I believe I have always had a little vacuum leak on my 1997 Nissan Maxima. It has a turbo. I've never had any issues due to this at least.

Are there any Nissan experts on here? I would like to have someone familiar with Nissans and turbos have a look.

That is a good idea.

You have a point regarding a nissan person, I thought about that after I submitted the post. :>

Anyone help appreciated. It just looks like a rather complicated mess to me. I may need to start at some shops with some estimates? I do not think I am comfortable doing this by myself.

you mean 12" of vacuum..now its 4 to 5 " of vacuum . and IMO should have been pulling more then 12" of vacuum at a idle.

I agree with your terminology, but this Greddy profec e-01 says negative PSI.

So perhaps I need to post in the speed shop forum to find a good shop?

I agree with your terminology, but this Greddy profec e-01 says negative PSI.

So perhaps I need to post in the speed shop forum to find a good shop?

PSI is suction so vaccum would be correct. Going from -12 to -3 to 5 would be building pressure,so wouldnt that be over boosting? maybe a diverter valve or pressure relief option isnt working the right way. Im just guessing.

Guest Removed
PSI is suction so vaccum would be correct. Going from -12 to -3 to 5 would be building pressure' date='so wouldnt that be over boosting? maybe a diverter valve or pressure relief option isnt working the right way. Im just guessing.[/quote']

that would assume he just boosted it.

from the way he is talking.. its been boosted and now is seeing the issue threw his tuning software. watching his data. more then likely its losing vacuum due to a leak or has hurt something. like the brake booster could be the issue for a vacuum leak that big,and not notice a running issue.

but at this point im not sure what to think. im just going off what im being told at this point.:confused: