Anybody know of any car shipping companies w/ good rates?

Rustlestiltskin

I'm very interested in a car but its in gainsville, fl. What are some good car shipping companies out there that and what kind of shipping quote you think I would be looking at. I'm also looking at a car in maine. Let me know guys. I'm really not trying to either drive down and back or get a plane ticket and drive it back.

thanks,

Paul:cool:

On a serious note, I had my Miata shipped down from Maine last year. Cost was $600, delivery took 2 weeks, and I was really happy with the entire process. I used as DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) as my broker.

I think what i'll prolly end up doing is flying down and driving back. he can bring the car to jacksonville, fl airport and I can just drive it back to ohio. flight including taxes would be $127 and the ride back will take around 13hrs lol. but i'll use under $100 in gas. soo

so I think this will be the cheaper route

On a serious note, I had my Miata shipped down from Maine last year. Cost was $600, delivery took 2 weeks, and I was really happy with the entire process. I used as DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) as my broker.

I used DAS when I had my Corolla shipped from San Diego to here and had a good experience myself. Paid a little over 1,100 insured for entire shipment of the vehicle.

I would definitely consider flying down and picking it up, 13 hours isn't that bad.

i used agape transport. they broker the work out to several shippers. i was happy with the transport---for my '85 mustang. it was an open transport on a big 'car dealer' type semi. took them 3 days to get to tampa from cleveland, and i paid $600 including insurance.