.MKV on xbox 360?

JaSSon

I prob should have just googled this. Seems my options are either to re-encode or use TVersity.

I'm using encodeHD to transcode a 720p 42 min episode of Burn notice. Estimated time ~3.5 hours. Now when I do a whole movie...

Edited by JaSSon

I prob should have just googled this. Seems my options are either to re-encode or use TVersity.

I'm using encodeHD to transcode a 720p 42 min episode of Burn notice. Estimated time ~3.5 hours. Now when I do a whole movie...

Its worth it, burn notice rocks

Ummm start your conversion right before bed time? Then sleep on it. Even better get a program that lets you make a queue. Start it before you go to work and have it done 9 hours later...

Holy shit, that's a long time. It takes me a a few mintues to convert .mkv files and play them on, sorry :(, my PS3. And I'm talking, of course, huge HD files as mkv's tend to be. MKV2VOB happens to be the name of it, though I don't think they make anything for the Xbox. I can't remember. But there it is just in case it can help.

I don't like streaming huge movie files to the ps3 to watch, so I setup a file server to send the file to my ps3 and watch it from the hard drive. No buffering probs ever. When I do stream, I just use windows media player sharing shit with the ps3. No need to turn on anything but the laptop. NO need to run any software, etc, either. I've never used nor needed TVersity.

If your computer has a later ATI or Nvidia graphics card, you can use those to transcode video rather quickly.

For Nvidia cards check out Badaboom

For ATI cards check out Avivo.

My desktop does have an X1900XTX.