Anyone watch Top Gear on BBC America tonight?

Science Abuse

Did you notice something missing from the Switzerland to Blackpool race?

The end stats.

For some reason, they omitted the boys explaining that their diesels all got 50mpg+:

63mpg in the Subaru Legacy wagon

80mpg in the VW polo

53mpg in the massive Jag

Also the quote: "Why buy would anybody buy a Prius"?

I've never seen them clip from a show until now. Coincidence that it happened to be the most mind blowing moment of the show?

I didn't see this last night because I watched the episodes when they aired originally on BBC, but I do remember seeing the portions you claim are omitted. That is really really stupid. I for one hate the prius and view hybrids in general as a damaging band-aid rather than a truly plausible solution. I'm becoming more and more a diesel fan myself, and it's sad to see the media keeping people in the dark like that.

Should we look to Toyota or the government for the push to remove those clips?

I saw that episode on YouTube a few months ago. The Subaru is last (Capt. Slow...go figure) and I think the Jaguar was just behind Hammond in the Polo...though I'm reciting this from memory.

I heard recently that the diesel Jag is an award-winner in Europe. I seriously can't understand why we don't solve our CAFE standards with diesels here in America. OK...so they are just a little sooty...who cares?!? They burn 2 to 3 times less fuel than gas counterparts...

Did you notice something missing from the Switzerland to Blackpool race?

The end stats.

For some reason, they omitted the boys explaining that their diesels all got 50mpg+:

63mpg in the Subaru Legacy wagon

80mpg in the VW polo

53mpg in the massive Jag

Also the quote: "Why buy would anybody buy a Prius"?

I've never seen them clip from a show until now. Coincidence that it happened to be the most mind blowing moment of the show?

I didn't watch it on tv but I remember it on finalgear. Screw the tv watch it on the internet.

I seriously can't understand why we don't solve our CAFE standards with diesels here in America. OK...so they are just a little sooty...who cares?!? They burn 2 to 3 times less fuel than gas counterparts...

New ones are stupid clean. I'm guessing that Americans aren't interested because diesel is still 50 - 75 cents more a gallon than 87.

^Because I don't have that great of a computer and prefer not to watch "T.V." on my small monitor vs. my 32" LCD t.v.

Then quit being a bitch and hook that computer up to your tv. I have the laptop, cable, ps3, tv, etc all hooked up in a loop. I can download a show, save the file to the ps3, turn on the tv, and watch a show stream from my dog's ass. Functionality, baby. :D

I didn't watch the BBC America one, but I can't believe they cut that out. That is just... I don't even know where to begin. I'd love to hear the reasoning for it but I'm not the "write to the company" kinda guy. :D I am a "cheer someone else on to do it" kinda guy, though, so get to it.

I didn't watch the BBC America one, but I can't believe they cut that out. That is just... I don't even know where to begin. I'd love to hear the reasoning for it but I'm not the "write to the company" kinda guy. :D I am a "cheer someone else on to do it" kinda guy, though, so get to it.

They cut all sorts of good parts out, including the news, were a lot of an episodes hilarity takes place.

Because my computer is almost 7 years old dick!!:D You should buy me a new one!!! I'd love to watch some of the stuff from my computer on my t.v. but it can't do it

MY LCD tv has a connection port on the back for a monitor wire. It is simple to connect the computer to the TV.

Um did watch it from start to finish because they talked about what mpg's all the cars got from the factory right when they all got to the starting point.Or at least my shit wasnt omitted.

They quoted the factory stated MPG at the beginning, but their observed MPGs were higher.