Auto body guys....

justinwebb

I have a plastic lip i am restoring and it has some small gouges in it that need filling. The lip is ABS plastic and i have sanded down to the bare plastic. I am looking for a product to fill the small gouges so it can be painted and not noticeable. The guy at the auto body shop sold me a tube of USC autobody icing #26006 and i am just making sure this will flex as its a plastic lip and will flex some. It doesn't say anywhere on the tube that its will flex and i figured i would ask the pro's.

For fixing broken plastic and serious cracks/gouges, use stuff called Plastex. Last I checked (couple years ago) you can find it at Harbor Freight. For finishing work you can use body putty, just so long as you're not trying to do serious filling with it. Light layers will flex fine.

The product you've got, its ideal for covering pinholes and imperfections in body filler. Theres no reason you cant sand 99% of the scratches and gouges out feathering into the rest of the substrate. What you have is not meant to flex.

Depending on the size of your gouges you may be able to use it. I cant say for sure since the piece is not in front of me. Your talking about flex. If you flex your lower spoiler that much you have larger problems then if the fillers going to break loose. Like cracked paint.

cool thanks might go get what i thought about buying its called thin ice or something close to that its meant for plastic bumpers, but the guy told me this would work. guess i should have just ignored him when at first he told me just to fill them with high build primer lol. I told him it would take wayyyy to much to full the gouges. Thanks guys for your help I just didnt want to put this on then have it crack and have to re-do it.