torsion keys

Reed44

how labor intensive is it to replace torsion bar keys? my blazer is not sitting level and the side that's lower (right) the torsion key is maxed out. I need to either get keys that are allready offset or take the key out and relocate it if possible. I can't just turn the left one down and level it because the front will then sit lower that the rear. what to do?

Guest Removed
not really, but good luck finding one unless snap on, mac, cornwell, or matco can get them. its a Kent moore tool.

kent moore...shit then anyone can buy them...i was just looking at them the other day..ill find the ad yet.

ha otc has one.that mean cornhole of crackco can get it.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=fatbobs&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=58056056&Count2=975196480&ProductID=1866&Target=products.asp&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase

not really, but good luck finding one unless snap on, mac, cornwell, or matco can get them. its a Kent moore tool.

have you ever had to order from kent moore? that will take a month lol.

we have 2 or 3 at work, now that i think of it one is OTC. they must have lost one and had to buy another and then found it again.

I can't pm right now because im on my phone but I work at the one on wilson and fisher. I can read pms though. would it really be worth getting the tool for one time. or better to pay a truck shop or dealer to change out my keys?

nd2race-- I didn't know they sold them and didn't realize what I would need to replace the torsion keys untill just a little bit ago. I don't know anyone that has replaced them before.

nd2race-- I didn't know they sold them and didn't realize what I would need to replace the torsion keys untill just a little bit ago. I don't know anyone that has replaced them before.

Yeah it's justs a PITA, I don't care for the job myself.

I've considered buying this before, but have only had to screw with torsion bars once.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SPX%2DSMX%2DMT&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Guest Removed
Can't you rent the tool from somewhere? and why won't the universal tools that Jeg's and Summitt sell for this work? am i missing something?

in though i seen them in there. i know its in the summit tool catalog i just got in the mail :D

just replace the torsion bars and be done. if its leaning like that it mean something is wrong there :gtfo:

ill send the pm

in though i seen them in there. i know its in the summit tool catalog i just got in the mail :D

just replace the torsion bars and be done. if its leaning like that it mean something is wrong there :gtfo:

ill send the pm

This is what I was wondering, but they'll still have to come out.

I was also thinking about doing that also. I leveled it out some today so its not leaning so much but now the front is lower than the rear. which is not quite so annoying but the right key is al the way up and the left is halfway so the right t-bar may have seen better days.

Yeah it's justs a PITA, I don't care for the job myself.

I've considered buying this before, but have only had to screw with torsion bars once.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SPX%2DSMX%2DMT&N=700+0&autoview=sku

I looked at the applications for that and a blazer is not one of them