Bargain With Junk Yard?

Wease

Can you bargain the price of something at a junk yard? I'm looking at purchasing an Explorer 5.0 for my Mustang. I was wondering if anyone has been able to bargain down the price of something of that value at a junk yard before... :confused:

i tried when i was in PA. i found a steering wheel with airbag i knew i could sell for 175$ or so. i told him i'd give them 100$, said he had to check with boss, boss said he wasn't sure because "he paid so much for the car". i told him take it, or i go back to OH with my $100, and he said "see ya". i dont remember the price, but i dont think i lowballed him that much. maybe $25. not a bam614 offer for sure.

what yard? i might be able to get it cheaper for you

Milliron Auto Parts in Mansfield. There's a 2000 Explorer 5.0 there with 69K miles for just $437. Pretty cheap already, but you never know... :)

Guest Removed
Milliron Auto Parts in Mansfield. There's a 2000 Explorer 5.0 there with 69K miles for just $437. Pretty cheap already, but you never know... :)

thats a good price from them...

LKQ you can bargain with too...i almost forgot about them. i bought an engine one year, $350+ tax. 2 years later, needed another engine, he had 7 for like $700. i told him it was too much, price doubled in 2 years, and he goes "well the demand is up". when i again pointed out he had 7 of them, so obviously not, i told him i'd go with another yard that said $400, he agreed to do that + tax.

the other yard gave me a 90 day warranty, so i went with them. those who dont try to rip me off first, you get my business