Stock block crew

Mopar

Just got word that my combo, that I've spent retarded amounts of money on, will make more power than my stock block can handle. I started off buying modest parts to make 500hp at the crank, which a stock block can deal with no problem. As I started buying more shit, horsepower levels increased to the point where there is no way a stock block can handle. So now I have all these parts that will become nothing more than paper weights if I continue on this path. So I have only 2 options, buy a race block which will be a couple grand, or buy parts that won't make as much power. Fuck! This is what happens when you talk more shit, than a stock block can handle......Fail and fml.
  • Upvote 1

Beat the shit out of it until it lets go. Don't detonate and you'll probably be shocked how long it lives.

Stock block crew here. RJC head gaskets + ARP head studs = DOTC club upcoming member

Good thing I got a spare. :lol:

Just got word that my combo, that I've spent retarded amounts of money on, will make more power than my stock block can handle. I started off buying modest parts to make 500hp at the crank, which a stock block can deal with no problem. As I started buying more shit, horsepower levels increased to the point where there is no way a stock block can handle. So now I have all these parts that will become nothing more than paper weights if I continue on this path. So I have only 2 options, buy a race block which will be a couple grand, or buy parts that won't make as much power. Fuck! This is what happens when you talk more shit, than a stock block can handle......Fail and fml.

:lol: I only have 1 thing to say here! LSx :lol:

Beat the shit out of it until it lets go. Don't detonate and you'll probably be shocked how long it lives.

Stock block crew here. RJC head gaskets + ARP head studs = DOTC club upcoming member

Good thing I got a spare. :lol:

The bottom end isn't stock, only the block is. Trust me, if it was I'd already have a fogger on the bitch :D

i call bullshit, i got a text from your ass a month ago saying saying your motor was making 450 to the crank,which means maybe 330 to the wheels and in that heavy ass duster mid to maybe low 13s. possible 12s,so stop crying about somthing i dont even think you have stick that shit in and run it til it blow you vagina.

i call bullshit, i got a text from your ass a month ago saying saying your motor was making 450 to the crank,which means maybe 330 to the wheels and in that heavy ass duster mid to maybe low 13s. possible 12s,so stop crying about somthing i dont even think you have stick that shit in and run it til it blow you vagina.

:cool: You forgot rule 3...... see sig

I don't even wanna know lol, going fast ain't cheap.

The first aftermarket block came out about five years ago. Aluminum, 6 bolt mains, capable of 3,000hp. Bare it costs $3,000 and still needs machine work.

Even now that there are options other than the Buick Motorsports Stage II blocks the prices still haven't dropped. You're looking at $10-15k on a motor.

Finding them (assuming you don't go the aftermarket route) hasn't got any easier, either. A lot of guys have a lot of Stage II parts they don't use and don't want to come off of.

Why not put together a beater motor until your "real" motor is ready? That's my plan and why I'm using the $500 slug.

The first aftermarket block came out about five years ago. Aluminum, 6 bolt mains, capable of 3,000hp. Bare it costs $3,000 and still needs machine work.

Even now that there are options other than the Buick Motorsports Stage II blocks the prices still haven't dropped. You're looking at $10-15k on a motor.

Finding them (assuming you don't go the aftermarket route) hasn't got any easier, either. A lot of guys have a lot of Stage II parts they don't use and don't want to come off of.

Why not put together a beater motor until your "real" motor is ready? That's my plan and why I'm using the $500 slug.

Holy shit! Thats expensive for a 6cyl, remind me not to build one of those. But that is crazy power, gotta give it to the buicks, mufuckas run strong.

Thats a good idea, I have 3 other stock motors I could put in and spray them with 150-200 for now. That could be ftw at this point

You will be fine... Once you put it together you'll see that you will be nowhere near to what you think you will be making... Estimated HP means nothing... Wheel HP is what matters...

I understand why you don't believe me. Its not like I'm going to share the specs of my motor with anyone...... ever. If nothing else, I will sleep better at night knowing my weak link is no longer the block.

Guest Removed
I thought stock MOPAR block were good??? Or are they like the stock 302's???

everything has its limit..mines up around 800 or so. and ill be pushing that on the giggle gas :(

I thought stock MOPAR block were good??? Or are they like the stock 302's???

71-74 360x blocks are the shit, I have a 340 which isn't much better than a 302 as far as horsepower ratings are concerned. At least without doing some crazy shit to it, like half filling the block, machining 4 bolt mains, etc. I'd rather be safe then sorry I guess.

Spray and pray then come out to play this summer, Keep ur good stuff in the closet and save while at least driving this summer. Tweak your setup this summer like everything else besides your motor. Then after you get ur race block drop that bad bitch in.

That way you have motivation to get it fixed while driving your slow turd this summer.

No pun on the slow turd you just mentioned higher than 500 on your new block..

Guest tbutera2112
i bet he had kenny get on here to post about a stock motor to help him set it all up...he will show up this year with a "stock motor because he couldnt finish his" and say its slow...then start taking money