Ford bell housing compatibility?

Science Abuse

Mod motors and the 302/351w bell patterns and have been since the mod motors came along

This sentence is a cruel tease because it's missing the word(s) that would make it make sense. :(

Mod motors and the 302/351w bell patterns are different and have been since the mod motors came along

or

Mod motors and the 302/351w bell patterns are the same and have been since the mod motors came along

Which one? ;)

They have different bellhousings. The TKO will fit in the modulars with a little cutting and welding. Atleast the old style TKO needed some cutting and welding.

Well, that's bead, because it's already had the tabs welded. :(

It does have a lakewood skattershield instead of the aluminum bell housing, but I couldn't tell you if it was a "universal" housing or not, bought it all second-hand.

Well, that's bead, because it's already had the tabs welded. :(

It does have a lakewood skattershield instead of the aluminum bell housing, but I couldn't tell you if it was a "universal" housing or not, bought it all second-hand.

You don't have to cut and weld on the transmission case. I think that you had to do some rework to the crossmember mounting points, but I don't remember for sure. I'm not talking about the actual crossmember, but where it mounts to the underside of the car.