Teh Nastiest Z06 EVAR!

GSXRAntwon

Very nice.

However, I have to wonder how well it handles with it slammed like that. But then, handling doesn't seem to be this guy's priority.

It has a set of PFADT fully adjustable coilovers (Same set-up as Mark & Jason's cars) and possibly solid engine/motor mounts. Depending on the tire they can be set-up to handle very well :)

Jeff

It has a set of PFADT fully adjustable coilovers (Same set-up as Mark & Jason's cars) and possibly solid engine/motor mounts. Depending on the tire they can be set-up to handle very well :)

Jeff

But not as it's pictured. The suspension was designed to move through a particular range. When you slam a car with coilovers, you're moving the components of the suspension out of the proper static position to one of the extremes. At that point, the suspension is going to be less effective. Suspension isn't just about dampers and springs; there's a ton of geometry involved that goes with it. True race cars that are lowered have had their suspension geometry modified so that, even when the body is that low, the suspension is still sitting in the sweet spot of it's range.

And that's not taking into consideration the spring rates he must be running to keep the tires from rubbing on the fenders. Same with a slammed Civic on $500 coilovers, I'm sure it feels darty and quick, but at the limit it's going to skitter across the road like a lunch tray. The good thing about the setup on the vette, if what you say is right, is that it can be adjusted to handle well; whereas a Civic on cheap coilovers can never handle well.

But not as it's pictured. The suspension was designed to move through a particular range. When you slam a car with coilovers, you're moving the components of the suspension out of the proper static position to one of the extremes. At that point, the suspension is going to be less effective. Suspension isn't just about dampers and springs; there's a ton of geometry involved that goes with it. True race cars that are lowered have had their suspension geometry modified so that, even when the body is that low, the suspension is still sitting in the sweet spot of it's range.

And that's not taking into consideration the spring rates he must be running to keep the tires from rubbing on the fenders. Same with a slammed Civic on $500 coilovers, I'm sure it feels darty and quick, but at the limit it's going to skitter across the road like a lunch tray. The good thing about the setup on the vette, if what you say is right, is that it can be adjusted to handle well; whereas a Civic on cheap coilovers can never handle well.

He may have dropped it to the floor for pictures :) Or, more likely, he probably could care less about road-racing and prefers to drive the car around extremely lowered for the "Look".

Jeff

He may have dropped it to the floor for pictures :) Or, more likely, he probably could care less about road-racing and prefers to drive the car around extremely lowered for the "Look".

Jeff

As per my first post where I said handling probably wasn't his first concern. *shrug*