Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm

Balian

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to then. On my plan with T-Mobile I just added a free service to my plan called "WorldClass International Service" which lets you use you're phone where ever you want, all they do is an additional credit check and you're set.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the phone is capable. What I am saying is that VZW is telling me I have to call when I leave the country and call when I return so they can switch the billing back and forth. They didn't have to do this with my other BB. I have been traveling to Europe and Asia for several years now and have never heard this nonsense (I am familiar with how it works).

Well, after getting the phone last night and playing with it, I can say that I love it. The only problem I have is that it is slow when switching between apps or screens. If I am playing music I cannot switch between screens at a normal rate as it appears that the music player is taking up a lot of resources. Other than that, I love it.

Well, after getting the phone last night and playing with it, I can say that I love it. The only problem I have is that it is slow when switching between apps or screens. If I am playing music I cannot switch between screens at a normal rate as it appears that the music player is taking up a lot of resources. Other than that, I love it.

LOL thats pretty crazy that i work in hilliard and you live in hilliard and you didnt come in. If you ever need VZW stuff please come see me. I always take care of CR members. Good luck with the phone!

Really? I think my storms a straight POS! Cant wait for 4.7.1 OS to come out. Pretty sure thats the new one coming out...

Its not fixing much,Its fixing the lag between dialing the number and them showing up on the screen. Crackberry has a "beta" of the new OS if you want to try it,i would reccomend backing your shit up first though

LOL thats pretty crazy that i work in hilliard and you live in hilliard and you didnt come in. If you ever need VZW stuff please come see me. I always take care of CR members. Good luck with the phone!

Ha. I haven't updated my profile in that aspect yet. I am in SA,TX right now prepping to move back to Hillard.

That is one thing and also when I called Verizon themselves, they basically forced my upgrade and told me I could only order online as I wouldn't have been able to go to the store to get it. If I went to the store, I would have had to pay the full 599 for the phone. :(

Its not fixing much' date='Its fixing the lag between dialing the number and them showing up on the screen. Crackberry has a "beta" of the new OS if you want to try it,i would reccomend backing your shit up first though[/quote']

I was debating on installing the 4.7.113? i think is the lastest release on crackberry, but i also heard that .99 runs the best. Im still using the OS that came on it, but i plan on upgrading sometime. O'Doyle, have you upgraded your OS, and if so is it hard? Ive been too lazy...

EDIT: One thing i wanna put out there, Cav if you still havn't got a phone think about what you want. The iPhone is so media based its ridicolous, and the blackberrys like a computer... Its like what do you want, mac or pc? PC

I was debating on installing the 4.7.113? i think is the lastest release on crackberry, but i also heard that .99 runs the best. Im still using the OS that came on it, but i plan on upgrading sometime. O'Doyle, have you upgraded your OS, and if so is it hard? Ive been too lazy...

EDIT: One thing i wanna put out there, Cav if you still havn't got a phone think about what you want. The iPhone is so media based its ridicolous, and the blackberrys like a computer... Its like what do you want, mac or pc? PC

Im running .75 now because my phone is getting sent back...but .99 was on there.you just DL the .jad file and load it on the BB its simple. I think there is a sticky or something on crackberry

Im running .75 now because my phone is getting sent back...but .99 was on there.you just DL the .jad file and load it on the BB its simple. I think there is a sticky or something on crackberry

Yeah i figured it was easy i just never got around to it. Do you think .99 ran the best because thats what ive read on crackberry. And before i update the OS, just create of a backup of what i got now through the bb desktop manager, then just download the file on my bb and ? Iuno ill go read the sticky. Thanks O'Doyle.

Awesome, got to Paris and viola... doesn't f'ing work. Is there anyone at VZW that understands there are more places in the world than the US?

I love that all their customer support numbers are 1-800 (cannot be dialed INTL).

Oh... my... god!!!!

I installed the .114 Hybrid a little bit ago and its a completely new phone. WOW! No lag in the accelerometer at all, still testing other things but WOW! I am impressed. Once we get some official releases like this this phone will blow the iPhone awwwwwaaaaaayyyyy. And how is it the new iPhone still cant record videos... WEAK!

After comparing phones, I went with the storm as it had what I needed in a smart phone and was with Verizon. I really didn't want to go to Cingular just for the iPhone as all of my friends are on Verizon. All in all, I like this phone, just need to know how to tweak it now.

Yes, just hit the blackberry button then go down to switch applications. A whole side-scrollable list will pop up.

Heres a vid taken from the storm just to see sample quality

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/th_stall.jpg

And heres a pic taken from the storm, but i take all my pics in the lowest resolution so they come out 640x480 or something instead of 2000x1600 or w/e

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/enginebay.jpg

And after updating to the .114 hybrid last night i have a whole new found love for this phone. The storms finally been unleashed!

Yes, just hit the blackberry button then go down to switch applications. A whole side-scrollable list will pop up.

Heres a vid taken from the storm just to see sample quality

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/th_stall.jpg

And heres a pic taken from the storm, but i take all my pics in the lowest resolution so they come out 640x480 or something instead of 2000x1600 or w/e

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/enginebay.jpg

And after updating to the .114 hybrid last night i have a whole new found love for this phone. The storms finally been unleashed!

Nice. I was going to try the video recorder here in a few.

Back to my question, now that I know about that, how do you stop the things that are running? Is there like a master option to close all or are they going to contentiously run?

Also, where did you get the .114 upgrade? Crackberry? Was it hard to install or any configuring?