so i may be out of a job

AJ

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update* dave gill would only take 2 at the most and thats only a maybe. so i am infact out of a job like everyone else. germain would only take a few of us as well but they haven't had a chance to talk to everyone yet so we don't know who they are going to take. they did say more than likely it will be one of the school to work kids.

we still don't know how they are doing the dealer setup. from what i understand they are answering the phones dave gill pontiac, gmc, chevrolet. we do know that there was bids put in to gm since they are "realigning" the dealers and dave gill won the bid. apperently there was about a dozen bids put in.

thanks to everyone for the support, i have a meeting tomorrow with a shop and we'll see what comes of it. hopefully good things. :)

update* dave gill would only take 2 at the most and thats only a maybe. so i am infact out of a job like everyone else. germain would only take a few of us as well but they haven't had a chance to talk to everyone yet so we don't know who they are going to take. they did say more than likely it will be one of the school to work kids.

we still don't know how they are doing the dealer setup. from what i understand they are answering the phones dave gill pontiac, gmc, chevrolet. we do know that there was bids put in to gm since they are "realigning" the dealers and dave gill won the bid. apperently there was about a dozen bids put in.

thanks to everyone for the support, i have a meeting tomorrow with a shop and we'll see what comes of it. hopefully good things. :)

Good luck man. This economy is hitting home for everyone. :(

AJ, sucks this crappy economy got to you. Hopefully you can transfer over to another dealership.

On a side note, when is the dealership actually closing? This is the one on airport road? Wifey and I bought a Denali there last month and I was coming up next week to pick up the other half of my 3rd row seat.

AJ, sucks this crappy economy got to you. Hopefully you can transfer over to another dealership.

On a side note, when is the dealership actually closing? This is the one on airport road? Wifey and I bought a Denali there last month and I was coming up next week to pick up the other half of my 3rd row seat.

lol oh your that guy. i had to show them how to fake the seat being latched in so they could open it up to take pictures. they are there now, from what i understand nobody will be aloud there this weekend. i'll be there today this afternoon, call them and tell them to give me the seat and we can meet up sometime to swap it.

HAHA, I just wanted to make sure it was the right one before my 3 hr trip. I made 2 trips to Columbus last fall for cars and got shafted on both. I am coming up sometime next week, probably during the day. Are you available then?

On a side note, any luck with a job or are definitely out of one with the dealerships new owners?

definitely out of one for now. working on a few things and if they don't work out then i'll apply at dave gill since they need to have someone corvette certified to be able to order cars.

i'll be around but not sure where at in the city i'll be yet. call them and see what they intend to do about it and if they tell you tuff luck have them give it to me.

Man, this just keeps getting better. I call and of course I get connected with the collision center? Talk to the secretary and a guy named Mike is supposed to call me back? Just figures, wait for a month on that seat (which is in my sales contract), then I may have to fight to get it. I can't believe everyone there was shafted like that. Was the place losing money?

AJ, I spoke with Mike and he said the seat will be at the collision center for pick up Monday-Friday. Appreciate the offer to get it, but I will either be up early in the week or my buddys sister that lives up there may swing by and get it. Then, his mom and dad can bring it home this weekend.

Thanks,

Chris

Congrats AJ. I know you will post where, when you are ready.

We are very lucky to find ourselves extremely busy in the "Less than stellar" economic times and we are very happy to add AJ to our team. He will be a great addition to the shop and our staff as his prior experience more than speaks for itself.

A business is only as good as its people and we are fortunate to have a VERY talented crew right now :)

Jeff

We are very lucky to find ourselves extremely busy in the "Less than stellar" economic times and we are very happy to add AJ to our team. He will be a great addition to the shop and our staff as his prior experience more than speaks for itself.

A business is only as good as its people and we are fortunate to have a VERY talented crew right now :)

Jeff

Holy crap, congrats all around. :cool: