WTB 9mm or equivilant

smokin5s

so I would like to get my CCW and would like to find a small pistol that is not a revolver as a side arm. I'd like to keep it ~200... anyone have anything?

I might also be in the market for a shotty for home defense as well... nothing says oh $hit like the pumping sound of a shotty!

so I would like to get my CCW and would like to find a small pistol that is not a revolver as a side arm. I'd like to keep it ~200... anyone have anything?

I might also be in the market for a shotty for home defense as well... nothing says oh $hit like the pumping sound of a shotty!

:doh:

Less then $200 I don't know what you can get in 9mm. Maybe if you want .22 or .380 you could find something. A few months ago Vances had used police issued glock 17s for $250.

Buckeye Outdoors has High Point(made in Mansfield Ohio) 9mm brand new for $139.99 I was just there last week.

I personally would not stake my life on a High Point. For carry, I want something that will function every time.

At that price range you are probably looking at some sort of Kel Tec pocket gun, or you might be able to sneak into a Bersa Thunder. Those are the only guns I can recommend at that price range though, you really need to double that number to get into something decent, and most likely used.

At least he didn't say clip when he should of said magazine...

I posted this at work... I purposely avoided certian words so that it wouldn't get picked up. notice I didn't use the word gun.... although I did mess up and typed pistol

even with the bersa? I was reading some reviews and alot of reviews seemed to be pretty good.

I've never used one, I have no experience there.

Please don't go cheap on a firearm that could defend your life or your family's life. It will be worth every single cent to own a firearm with a good history and track record of reliability. Personally, I'm not comfortable with 9mm being my defensive weapon. I like knowing that the first round I send into someone's chest cavity is being backed by as much forceful anger as possible, while still not sending it through 5 more walls. My suggestion would be to lean towards the .40S&W and above calibers, or the nice wheel gun chamberings of .38 and above. Swing out to Blackwing, talk to Greg a bit, and rent some hand cannons. You won't be sorry, he'll learn you right.

don't need to kill someone, just need to stop them ;)

but as far as defending my family's life, I would rather stop them and torture the shit out of them, cutting them up piece by piece...

don't need to kill someone, just need to stop them ;)

but as far as defending my family's life, I would rather stop them and torture the shit out of them, cutting them up piece by piece...

:lurk:

I bought a Hipoint 380 for shits and giggles cause it was so cheap. Thing jammed up so many times, it was sold within a month.

So basically this is a story about how I wasted money. Out of curiosity why not a revolver ?

even with the bersa? I was reading some reviews and alot of reviews seemed to be pretty good.

You can find a brand new Bersa .380 for about $230. From what I've heard Bersa use to produce some not so dependable items but within the last few years they've become a fairly dependable brand. The only experience Ive had was my brother bought one for his wife, worked great everytime and felt like a quality piece aswell. As for the .380 round, if Im not mistaken its a smaller round than a 9mm (help me out gun nuts) but they do produce personal defense rounds in the .380 caliber.

I carry a Glock 26 9mm as my personal defense gun. It has a 10 round magazine filled with hollow points. While I probably would've prefered a 40 i got a great deal on this. And remember, I have 10 rounds to get the job done. As my ccw teacher said,"if they deserve one, they deserve them all".

what's wrong with high point?

is Bersa better?

Oh and highpoints are junk. Pure and simple. I thought about picking one up just as a toilet gun but ive heard horror stories of accidental misfire's etc... so id rather pick up a cheap bersa.